dual weber heat shield

martijn

X addicted
I have a dual weber DCNF set up, but no heatshield or leak protection. A friend of mine made a heatshield with CNC of 5 mm stainless steel. I don't know if it helps but it sure will look great when fitted. Just to share with you here's a picture
pict3612.jpg

Very nice! Also for us here in the US, I think Pierce Manifolds makes something similar.

if there's is interest i could ask if they can make a small production run, but i think it won't be cheap because of the xchange rate of the dollar/euro and the price of stainless. I think they will be app 40-50 euro ex shipping.

the problem with that is whether or not it has clearance for the throttle interlink in the center

Well...

It would be a WHOLE lot better if it was made from a material that did not CONDUCT heat that well... like a "phenolic" plastic, carbon fiber, or fiberglass.

Sure looks great and will indeed BLOCK heat initially, until it absorbs heat and becomes a source of stored heat in itself. Great for 1/4 mile drags and Autocross though... great craftsmanship as well...

I have a dual weber DCNF set up, but no heatshield or leak protection. A friend of mine made a heatshield with CNC of 5 mm stainless steel. I don't know if it helps but it sure will look great when fitted. Just to share with you here's a picture
pict3612.jpg

When I make this part I make it MUCH larger so it blocks off as much heat as possible from the exhaust system. The cooler your intake charge the more power.

Chris, What material have you used for the shields you've built? Any pictures? Thanks, terry

Sorry, I have no pictures in my files (taking photos of the progress is a new thing for me). I use a thick alloy sheet because it will reflect the heat. To really keep it cool above use two sheets with an air space between them.

Conductivity.

Phenolic would be better but when it comes to metals stainless is about as good as it can get.

If we use copper at 100% conductivity

Aluminium is 85%
Steel is 13%

And stainless steel is 8%.

Now should you say well then why do cars use the metal body for a return ground path if the conductivity is so poor. The answer is simple, there is more return path cross section of the car body to conduct than the small copper conductor feeding the device.

TonyK.

Grimsby Ontario Canada.

Back