Early 850 Spider front brakes

BobL

Low Mileage
Hey all, I’m looking to rebuild the front brake calipers on my 1967 850 Spider. Unless I’m missed it, none of the vendors seem to carry the caliper rebuild kit. They seem to be readily available for the 68 and later models, but I assume that they not interchangeable. Ideas, options? I’m not looking to do a swap of the entire front brakes, if at all possible. Thanks!

-Bob

Thanks guys. I looked at Fiat Plus / C Obert yesterday but I missed it! Thanks again!!!

Well, 3 months later and it looks like I’m gonna go ahead and do a swap for the later (1968+) calipers. I can get ahold of the calipers themselves but it looks like I need the hanger brackets and a couple of other bits. Anyone have a source? Thank you!!! 😊

Well, 3 months later and it looks like I’m gonna go ahead and do a swap for the later (1968+) calipers. I can get ahold of the calipers themselves but it looks like I need the hanger brackets and a couple of other bits. Anyone have a source? Thank you!!! 😊
I probably have those parts as I saved the complete front suspension off some later cars. What exactly do you need?

Thanks. So it looks like Bayless used to sell what they are calling a conversion kit for this. It’s just parts from a later 850 I think, nothing custom or anything. Here’s their listing for it if it helps. I’m just not exactly sure what the wedges are.

Attachments

• E78794CE-CFEF-4378-9C2B-A711CEB29B83.jpeg
    E78794CE-CFEF-4378-9C2B-A711CEB29B83.jpeg
    101.8 KB · Views: 15
The wedges are what the calipers slide on. Parts are in my storage so it might take a day or two but I’ll get you photos of what I have.

Unfortunately I did not have those parts in my storage unit. Sorry to get your hopes up, must be early Alzheimer .

Back