Eastern PA / NJ / Southeastern NY / Northern DE and MD: The 2022 New Hope Automobile Show (8/13-14/22)

Dan Sarandrea (Phila)

Waitin' On Parts...
Now in its 65th year, the New Hope Automobile Show, one of the country's oldest judged antique and classic automobile shows, takes place this coming Saturday and Sunday, August 13-14, 2022, in New Hope, PA. New Hope and its sister town right across the Delaware River, Lambertville, NJ, are picturesque small towns with local charm, small inns, and active summer nightlife and shopping.

The New Hope Automobile Show is really two separate shows; mostly domestic vehicles show on Saturday and foreign vehicles show on Sunday. This year the 75th Anniversary of Ferrari is celebrated, with our Feature car being Ferrari chassis #0832, which raced in the 1965 24 Hours of Le Mans in 275P2 configuration, and in the 1966 24 Hours of Le Mans in 365 P2/P3 configuration. The car was restored in Italy to its 1966 365 P2/P3 configuration and will be on display both days of the Show.

Of likely interest to XWebbers is that the Show has many different marque classes, so our non-six figure modest exxies are not expected to compete against Ferraris, Lamborghinis, and other high-priced exotica. On Sunday there is a FIAT/Lancia/Autobianchi class and a usually-very-well-attended Alfa Romeo class for us mere mortals, and for those of you that like more modern FIATs with almost-wild mods, a Display class. And for the K-Swap, Dallara-kitted exxies (paging Hussein, LOL), and slammed and stanced modern 500s, there is a Tuner class.

This weekend's weather is looking like a nice break from the heat, and at the moment the weatherman says no rain either day. For more information, go to https://newhopeautoshow.com. If any questions PM me, as I am a volunteer with the show.

1660213194616.jpeg

705_fiat_multipla.jpg

705_fiat_side.jpg

378.jpg

1660213542672.png

1660213577925.png

Last edited:
Love that sound!!! Too bad future generations will find that sound so foreign and maybe even distasteful. To me I connect at a cellular level to the pop of that exhaust sound. It screams horsepower!

Back