Ebay - 1987 X1/9

Lordy. I wish my black 87 looked even half as good as that. Must be a very tough thing to part with it. Good luck with the sale.

Regards,

Mickey

Good luck Glen selling. I know how many long nights/weekends you spent restoring that beauty.

One of best restorations I have ever seen on an original X

Nice!

I love the pic of the tailpipe; you can see the reflection of the tailpipe on the body. Good luck with the sale. Looks very complete.

Hi there,

It's time to let somebody else enjoy the car, I put many years into restoring her but just don't get around to driving the X1/9 very often.
It will be strange no longer owning an X, I've had one since I was 19 years old, but then I've always dreamed of a 308... perhaps my next 10 year restoration project!

Cheers,

Glen

http://motors.shop.ebay.com/sch/Cars-Trucks-/6001/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=bertone+x1/9&_vxp=mtr

What is the amount you are hoping to get, if you don't mind me asking. Is there a special price for Xweb'ers? Even a better price for California or Norcal Xweb'ers? :hug:

This car is so gorgeous that I had to submit it to Bring a Trailer. Apologies if they post it and it drives up the price!!

Oh my God, what a beauty!

I can´t imagine myself selling a car like yours.

Are you sure you prefer a 308?

Man, I did let go a DB9 a month ago, to keep my X. Think it well before its too late...

Unbelievable Work

Glen,
The attention to detail is unbelievable. I can't imagine the hours required to bring an X to this level. This would be an amazing car to have. I will do my part and bid.

What is the price? I was informed by someone that this seller won't disclose the price and that is a no no here

Price was added

Well, I went to the link to add the price and didn't realize I put the wrong add price on. Sorry for the confusion folks....

Price was added. Thank you.

You're kidding right? I'll fly in and personally hand Glen 50 c-notes for that beauty.
It was an auction JJ.$4900 starting bid with a reserve. You don't have to disclose the reserve.

$6400 was the final bid with reserve not met :sad:

Why is a price needed on an Ebay auction?

I don't get it. It was an Ebay auction. You follow the link and see the price... right?

Oh. I still cant see an auction. If there is an item number it can be looked up that way. The links above to not take you to the car. Also I mentioned this because I have a buddy that contacted the seller and the seller would not give him a price. So.................................And I will scream it at the top of my voice. IF YOU DONT GIVE SOMEONE A PRICE WHEN THEY ASK THEN YOU ARE NOT SERIOUS ABOUT SELLING.:censored::censored: Period..Auction or no auction. That doesnt make sense....especially when someone has money to spend on a nice X.

Ok My rant is off. So who is going to show me this spectacular car that everyone is raving about yet there are no links to......?

I was just as confused as jjay on this one. The link the seller posted is not to his car, it takes me to two other X1/9s for sale. I did not see pics until Greg just posted a different link. Nowhere in the does the original poster say anything about searching for a completed auction.

So, since it's no longer on auction, don't the rules say we now need a price?

No price needed in an Ebay auction post

Hi Hiram,

It was an Ebay auction, not an Xweb sale. There is no need to post a price when linking to your own auction or anyone else' auction. And there is nothing in the forum rules that requires anyone linking to an Ebay item to return to the original thread to provide a price after the auction has concluded.

Perhaps the confusion is that the link Glen provided is to all currently active "Bertone X 1/9" Ebay auctions rather than the specific car? Glen's car showed up in the list until the auction ended yesterday (May 29th). Since it is no longer active, it isn't in the results any longer. A direct link would have been better, but regardless of the quality of the link, there is no need for a price in this thread.

It's there

I've seen the car in person and have logged on to the ebay link.

This car is as good as they come. Every detail of the car is accessible through the forum search feature.

One of a kind restoration !

Back