Ebay vendor check. ::Alfa1750::

DuaneEstill

Banned User
Anybody ever dealt with "Alfa1750"? I'm about to do a buy it now on two carb rebuild kits. He looks good and 100% positive. Anybody done business with him/her or are any of you him/her?

Thanks Brad

Brad.....great looking car man! You need to put pictures in the members photo gallery if you haven't.

Thanks for the reference.

Another question....

He has a $15 shipping thing per rebuild kit, which is basically gaskets in a plastic bag. I see no sense in paying $30 extra for shipping. I requested a new total. Is this normal to do? Do they normally comply? No need to pay the shipping twice, at least from my point of view. This is a 'buy it now' auction. I've never bought anything off of ebay before.

Duane perfectly normal

Use the Buy it now but hold off on payment until you get the email invoice from the seller.

Combining shipping is done all the time :)

Great....

Thanks guys. It's kind've strange that I've never actually bought anything off of ebay and I've made my living as a web developer for the last ten years. I guess a computer to me is a tool for production or something.

Much appreciated.

Once you click Buy or Bid on eBay, you have agreed to the seller's terms as listed in the auction, assuming their terms are in harmony with eBay's and PayPal's overall user agreements and terms.

So, if there was nothing in the auction details about the seller combining shipping charges, they are under no obligation to do so under either the eBay or PayPal rules.

The correct thing to do would have been to click the "ask seller a question" button before clicking the Buy It Now button and asked the seller if they will combine shipping for a discount and if so provide the exact costs, just as they did for each item purchased stand-alone.

alfa1750

If you look at the # left of the star this shows how many items he has sold (7354) and below it states his seller feedbaack rating 100% so defenitely a great seller.:nod: Some negative feedback might be from picky buyers so judge accordingly.

Hmmm...

I sent him the question regarding the combined shipping yesterday afternoon and I still haven't gotten a response. I will buy with this seller if he'll agree to just one $15 shipping fee, which I'm willing to pay, but not two.

Just as an aside, anybody know where to get Weber rebuild kits for 40 DCNF? That was the issue, I'm buying two rebuild kits, each has shipping for $15.

I've bought from this seller numerous times

Combining shipping never an issue. Just be patient for his reply.

You will receive an invoice with big reduction in shipping charges on the second item.

He is not a shipping gouger :whistle:

If you check his other auctions he lists

"can be combined with other purchases to save on shipping costs."

or "shipping can be combined with other purchases thru the store"

Yeah Duane... when Al Gore and I invented EBAY...

... over 10 years ago...

Seriously... ya gotta work out all the details with the seller BEFORE ya commit. Several unscrupulous sellers often make their profits on gouging folks with their shipping costs. 99 cents for the item and 29.95 for shipping...

This guy probably won't... but its BEST to care for these things up front.

Also... in this wonderous world of blazing electronic speed, except for weekends, there is NO excuse for replies taking more than 24 hours!

I have been shopping on eBay since it was spelled (eBay) that way and and have had a few problems over the years... but was always successful in resolving them. Paypal is now my preferred payment method and they have been instrumental in getting one or two of my cases cleared quickly. Discover Card does a good job also... and thankfully, in the 130 transactions I've had, only a handful were a problem.

Tony wrote, "Also... in this wonderous world of blazing electronic speed, except for weekends, there is NO excuse for replies taking more than 24 hours!"

With the operative words being "except for weekends."

Duane sent him a question on Sunday, and was noting that as of 9:34am the following day (Monday) he had not yet received an answer.

I think Duane was being a bit "over eager" :wink2:

Ive bought a number of items from Alfa1750

Never had any problems. Cant remember what I bought but I sure all was good. Dont recall the shipping prices. I will not buy if its out of line....

Gulia 1750

With a name like Alfa1750 how can he be a bad bloke?

Ahh, how I miss my Alfa 1750....

img0864.jpg

Cheers,
Dom.

Well... obviously Duane believes as I do...

... that weekends and the hours of midnight to 8 AM... are not just for sleeping and making love!

HAHAHA!

(My last boss once told me that... and from that time on... I started reserving one day MIDWEEK to go play golf! I don'teven LIKE playing golf that much... but a bad game of golf still beats any good day at work!)

Back