El Segundo Car Show

mbusman

Big Bird
Hooked up with Cozzoi today to see his beauty. George really is a masterful artist and a great guy to shoot the breeze with. I know Tony and others have posted pix of his X, but for those who haven't seen it, I'm going to attempt to attach some. Unfortunately I haven't figured out how to make the pictures display bigger as they don't do justice to George's hard work and talent.

You gotta remember, he did the paint job and rear wing spoiler all by himself. I hope to hook up again in Culver City in a few weeks to continue sharing ideas, shooting the breeze, and knocking down some cold ones.
Mike

It was in El Segundo

on main between.....I want to say Grand, but I think it went further north and about.....oh, I'm getting too old to remember. Lots of great classic cars, but George's X is a beauty to kill for. By the way, I live in Torrance, but I work in Brea when I'm not at a project site.

Mike

Right now it's the stock 1500 cc.

But George is talking about going with dual carbs and other engine mods to get up to about 145 hp.

Since there are so few of us left, I think the California DMV should waive the smog check requirements on X's. Probably wouldn't make much difference in air quality and ripping out the emission control stuff should give us a few more hp.

Mike

Mike... see your PM... also...

The mods I made to my '79 eventually gave me a few more ponies but also gave me and average of 6 more mpg!

That's gotta be worth something smog-wise... but forget-about-it in this state!

Wish I would have know about your GTG. I live in Manhattan Beach. My daughte and I go into El Segundo quite a bit.

I guess with BFI coming up, we will all get a chance to chat again.

Ed

Back