Electrical component question

Maybe this one:

https://www.amazon.ca/FTVOGUE-Contr...ds=car+heater+fan&qid=1573516223&s=hi&sr=1-27

You will need to make sure the maximum fan current is within spec.

61scA3ZxavL._SL1001_.jpg

Thanks again everyone. I really have no idea about these sorts of components so I'm just looking at the listings online, which usually don't tell you too much info. I did see that most of them listed the control frequency for the PWM (e.g. "15KHz pulse width"), and after reading here about noise is that the freq to consider for being the quietest one (as in above human hearing)? Or is that a different type of freq/noise than what we are talking about?

About the 'noise' issue. Will there be any significant different depending on the type of PWM controller used? For example the fist one I pictured vs the last one I just showed in my last post?

And about their capacity. I need to double check what the blower motor amperage rating is (anyone know off hand?). However I assume the stock circuit for it will be much higher (e.g. the fuse rating) due to it using that big heat resistor box thing? With the motor itself less, meaning a PWM controller need not be as robust as the old toaster circuit was?
You will not be able to tell just by looking. Mitigating noise is a function of filtering, layout, shielding, rise/fall time control, etc. I would expect reputable brands would need to address this issue so if you see a brand that is an OEM supplier to some large industry, they probably have it figured out.

As far as the size of heat sinks go, it likely scales with the capacity of the device since the efficiency of the PWM circuits should be similar.

15Khz is in the human hearing range but chances are at you'r age you can't hear 15 K anymore
What did you say, I didn't hear you. It is true I've lost a lot of hearing after many years of rock music, race engines, and women...ooops I mean load people. :D

Several units are much higher freq that that, but I wanted to give an example. I suppose electrical interference (noise) is another issue. But as Rachael said these are very noisy cars, the sound systems either do not work or only add to the noise, and the wind noise adds to the rest - even more so with the top off.

Back