BrioPA

Daily Driver
My '83 X1/9 has a single spare green connector sized to plug into the Bertone-style switches. The two wires currently in place in the connector are for lighting and ground. Is there a standard terminal size that fits in the connector, please?

TIA!

Martin

TE part number 281197-2 fits the sockets for the square Bertone style switches. There are many different terminals that fit 4.75 mm wide tabs, but most of them have the locking lance in the wrong position; I have found the above part number to fit properly in the sockets,.

TE part number 281197-2 fits the sockets for the square Bertone style switches. There are many different terminals that fit 4.75 mm wide tabs, but most of them have the locking lance in the wrong position; I have found the above part number to fit properly in the sockets,.
Thanks! Exactly what I needed.

Do you know if this terminal also fits the earlier non Bertone plastic connectors for the 1979-82 cars? These would have the rocker type switches. Asking lest someone else need this info. Thank you.

Do you know if this terminal also fits the earlier non Bertone plastic connectors for the 1979-82 cars? These would have the rocker type switches. Asking lest someone else need this info. Thank you.
I assume you are talking about this style:

WindowSwitch.jpg

And no, they do not use the same contacts as the square Bertone switches. These earlier Ritmo / Strada style switches have 6.35 mm wide tabs, not 4.75 mm. I just tried TE part numbers 5-160526-9 (15.5 AWG - 20 AWG) and 160913-4 (11 AWG - 13 AWG), and they both fit the sockets for the power window switch pictured above.

Last edited:
I assume you are talking about this style:

View attachment 81980
And no, they do not use the same contacts as the square Bertone switches. These earlier Ritmo / Strada style switches have 6.35 mm wide tabs, not 4.75 mm. I just tried TE part numbers 5-160526-9 (15.5 AWG - 20 AWG) and 160913-4 (11 AWG - 13 AWG), and they both fit the sockets for the power window switch pictured above.
Thanks, I thought that was the case. I made this thread part of BOX so having both references in one place is very helpful.

Thank you very much for checking. Have a great day.

Back