Engine breather

Had a chance to look closer and clean up the area. Just like Andy said, there is a hole between the cyclonic Trap (CT) and the crankcase. It is located on the wall between the CT and the area for the aux shaft to the distributor and oil pump. That hole is smaller than the one at the top of the CT, exiting the engine. So there might be a small gain by enlarging it a bit.

I also noticed yet another hole in the CT. This is a rather small one up higher in the CT's chamber, also facing the front of the engine (like the larger one). It leads to a long round passage cast into the block, but I don't know what it leads to. It is medial to (to the inner side of) the aux shaft - passing it but not connecting to it, goes straight forward, and I can't see anything else that it connects to. This passage isn't shown on the illustration in the FSM, but here is about where it would be (yellow box = CT, blue line = passage):
uplo2019.png

It must be a air vent of some sort because it ends in the CT chamber. Any idea what that passage is for?

Back