Engine swaps...

That is sooo tempting, and the cost right now is cheaper than most other engines. for engine/trans alone

Odie

246 Dino V6 with the transmission. Looks tall, but then compare it to the oil filter and it suddenly is not so tall.

It looks to me like the critical dimension is not the height, but how much engine sits forward of the axle line. That's where you run out of room in an X engine bay rather quickly.

Now you Scorpion folks, that's a different story... just sayin...

the cost right now is cheaper than most other engines
Ahhh, but the REAL cost will be after you buy it: "The engine has not been started in approximately 45 years according to the seller." Repairs, maintenance, upkeep, etc, expenses will kill you. :D

But it would be a fun project. With all of the Alfa V6 and similar swaps into a X, I'm surprised if someone hasn't already tried this before?

I got to drive a 246 around the block while I was waiting for Oklahoma City Fiat - Ferrari to replace my clutch slave cylinder and return spring in 1975. It went out just east of Flagstaff and they were the closest Fiat dealer heading east. Since I was there for most of the day, a salesman befriended me and let me drive the car.

I would expect it's basically a core - meaning full rebuild before even considering running it. Is it worth what it would cost for the HP/torque of a 70's era motor? I wouldn't think so. Prolly only makes sense if you have on of those Ferraris it belongs in :D

Back