etymology of the phrase "pull it off"

wrxdrew

1300cc's of Angry Bees
Removing the head on a 1974-76 1300 without the special head removing tools.

With a little magic and some wisdom from JJ and Papa Tony it is off:lol::dead::dead::dead:

OMG they must have coined the phrase "to pull it off" in some kind of reference to the 5 bolt / 5 stud combo on that 1300 head. I feel like i just walked on water.

For future reference tools used:

basic hand tools
2 cans of PB Blaster
Various plastic paint scrapers
a rubber mallet
a ball pined hammer
double nuts on the studs
a youth base ball bat.:hmm2:
all types of levers from ratchet extensions to pieces of exhaust i had laying around.
copious amounts of foul language, blasphemy, and elbow grease.

Congrats...

It would be great to hear more, for those of us who will have to do this in the future. Process, technique, mistakes, etc.

Oh and pics! :lol:

Congrats Andrew!

My "last chance" suggestion before acquiring a puller was gonna be:

1. Reinstall plugs.
2. Remove cambox so all the valves are CLOSED.
3. Crank engine... and hopefully the compression will pop it off... maybe in concert with prybars and cussing too.

Since you have all the tools to pull it down... I would say it would be best I plan to travel your way next weekend... bringing the tank and torque wrenches... and a manual or two... along with YOUR new $2.99 VOM!

Send me your address...

looks like there is a party next week...:D Lets all end up back at my place for beers and Pizza:grin: and a transmission pulling party:dance2:

Geez... talk about HIJACKS!

First threads, now expert help!

Sorry Andrew... I told him there was a gathering at your place next week... But to hear it from JJ... YOU owe HIM!

HAHAHA!

JJ... we're having Beer and Pizza for BREAKFAST at Andrews... ya beter come up with PRIME RIB, TWICE BAKED POTATOES and a MERLOT if ya expect us to leave there...

Back