F/S: Cam driven dizzy and bosch ignition module

fiatmonkey

Tim Hoover
For sale a complete used cam dizzy and bosch ignition module. Includes all wires (except plug wires) and cam base plate adaptor.

I made 2 modifications:

1) I cut/relieved the ends of the "tracks" that allow you to adjust/rotate the dizzy to advance/retard the timing. cuz of the geometry I had setup, I could not get enough advance.

2) I extended the wire that runs from the ignition harness to the distributor so I could leave the module and coil in their stock location.

I will post pics of the individual parts tonight. Here is the dizzy installed:

photo-cam-diz1.JPG

$175.00 get's you the whole unit and all parts or make me an offer. Would rather sell them complete if I can...

Thanks,
Tim

Hi Tim,

Please refresh my memory, does this set-up require a particular type cam to properly engage the dizzy's drive? If so, what is required? Thanks.

Please refresh my memory, does this set-up require a particular type cam to properly engage the dizzy's drive? If so, what is required? Thanks.

Yes - the end of the cam itself engages the dizzy. The Dizzy has 2 protruding points that need to engage the end of the cam. The CAM on my PBS had a groove cut across the end that worked perfect. I also modified a cam in a prior engine the same. Also worked fine. I don't have any pics but if your interested I can pop off the cover on cam box (3 bolts) and take one.

Here are pics of the whole unit.
https://picasaweb.google.com/111057528691987659216/CamDizzy

-Tim

Back