Fall Cleaning Sale.. Here we go again.. Check back often I am selling a bunch

Ya thats the Capibarra... Its a Giant Rat....It gets your attention...:laugh::laugh:

Martin I have some more lights like the one I had up yesterday going up Tomorrow night...
3128164055_65e05a90e5_b.jpg

DSC08982.jpg

DSC08981.jpg

DSC08979.jpg

DSC08974.jpg

Again, just like the 850 Spider Reverse/back-up lamp you listed earlier, you call these "fog" lamps, but they're not. They're simple combination running light/turn-signal lamps, & they're about as functional as foglights as a pair of lit matches. :rolleyes:

Your eBay ad for these lights states:
"These look just like the ones pictured on the red car."

No, they don't. The 850 turn-signals you have listed for sale on eBay are completely different than those shown in the photo of someone's red European (Italian, to be specific) Series 2 850 Spider that you keep using for illustration(?) here & on eBay. The ones shown on the car were used on non-USA Series 2 850 Spiders, & look like this:

series2eurofronts1.jpg

You might also want to mention in your eBay ad that the mounting screws are broken/sheared & the retainer nuts are broken off of the mounting brackets (the nuts are normally welded on top of the bracket & function as a "captive nut", with the mounting screw running vertically up through the housing from the bottom & threading into the captive nut to hold the whole assembly together & mounted to the bumper). The "extra" bracket you have included is actually for the Reverse lamp unit that you listed before, not for these front turn-signal lamps. :wink2:

Last edited:
Jeff. In all seriousness. If your an expert in 850s explain ho these items are broken when I removed them with hand tools from the front bumper of an 850. ( you will also notice I am throwing in an extra bracket) And then also explain how they are not turn signal lights when that is what they are on the 68 model car. just like the one in red pictured. If need be I will post the pic of the lights on the bumper. And for your info I am using the word fog for key work spamming to drive attention to the listing....Its hard to argue with success....:cool:

Long...probably boring...

Jeff. In all seriousness. If you'rE an expert in 850s explain hoW these items are broken when I removed them with hand tools from the front bumper of an 850.

In your auction photos, I can see that the retainer nuts are not on one of the brackets, but instead on the end of the mounting screws sticking up through the top of the lamp. The other bracket has the nuts still welded to it, & the (remnants of the) 2 mounting screws still threaded into the nuts. Both of those screws have had the domed Phillips head sheared completely off (these are the 2 screws that are supposed to hold the whole lamp assembly together, as well as holding the mounting bracket in place on top of the lamp). Both lamps appear to have the head sheared off of at least one of the mounting screws on them, as well. See photos:

850education1.jpg

850education2.jpg

850education3.jpg

850education4.jpg

(you will also notice I am throwing in an extra bracket)

That's terrific & I already acknowledged that fact, but like I said before, that extra bracket is for the Reverse lamp, not for these front turn-signal lights. It may fit on top of the left/front turn lamp itself, but the bracket does not mount correctly on/under the front bumper. That's WHY Fiat made the two front brackets in a different shape than this bracket. Compare them yourself; the Reverse lamp bracket vs. the left/front turn lamp bracket. They're shown right next to each other in one of your auction photos (see the top photo shown above this text).

And then also explain how they are not turn signal lights when that is what they are on the 68 model car. just like the one in red pictured.

I didn't say these weren't turn-signal lights (in fact, I said they were). Your auction text states "These look just like the ones pictured on the red car". My reply was that this statement is not true, due to the simple fact that the lights pictured on the red car are not the same type of lights as the ones you're selling. The red car has Series 2 Euro lights, you're selling Series 1 USA lights. They're not the same lights, nor do they look anything like each other. Are you even looking at your own photos??? :confuse2:

Compare them yourself:

Series 2 Euro:

series2eurofronts1.jpg

series2eurofronts2.jpg

Series 1 USA:

series1usafronts1a.jpg

series1usafronts2.jpg

Can you see now that the lights you're selling are not the same as on the red car? :wall:

If need be I will post the pic of the lights on the bumper.

No need to, I already know what they look like, both on & off the car, fully assembled or completely dismantled. I've had over 3 decades of hands-on experience with them. My cars, friends' cars, customer cars & junkyard cars...hundreds of them. I know what the :censored: I'm talking about, & I wouldn't be talking about them if I didn't. :rolleyes:

And for your info I am using the word fog for key worD spamming to drive attention to the listing....Its hard to argue with success....:cool:

Except for that thing called "false advertising", or even simpler, dishonesty. Most people prefer to deal with an honest seller, but if doing otherwise suits you...well, good luck with that. As long as the item gets sold, right? :woot:

If someone can't sell Fiat parts on eBay without having to resort to "techniques" like keyword spamming, false hype, incorrect item description or showing a main listing photo of stupid crap other than the item being sold (also known as AWS)...well, I'd hardly call that "success". :)2c:)

Yeah, "It's not you, it's me...". :hug:

Last edited:
Gees Jeff............. Why didnt you say this the first time???? :hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm:OK. I get it they are slightly different than the ones on the red car... and I get it that your right... Now that you have made your point.. hurry quickly and go check yourself in somewhere... this could be serious.... you take yourself waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too seriously.... Maybe a beer will help.. :laugh:

Gees Jeff............. Why didn't you say this the first time????

I did say the first time, in very simple sentences, that:

1. These are not fog lights.
  2. These are not the same lights as on the red car.
  3. The lamp mounting hardware was broken.
You then "asked" me to explain certain things, so I did. As clearly as possible with pretty pictures, detailed descriptions & everything. :geek:

OK. I get it they are slightly different than the ones on the red car...

Obviously, you don't "get it". They're not similar in any way except for their basic function. It's like saying '74/'75 X1/9 front turn lamps are only "slightly different" than later X1/9 lamps. Try telling that to X owners here & you'll get schooled by them, as well.

and I get it that your right... Now that you have made your point.. hurry quickly and go check yourself in somewhere... this could be serious.... you take yourself waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too seriously.... Maybe a beer will help.. :laugh:

My posts are not about me being "right". They're about pointing out & correcting the disinformation being dished out just so an item can get sold.

I can't tell you how many newbie 850 owners I've encountered that have bought the wrong parts for their cars because they didn't know better at the time & the seller was either too ignorant, lazy or dishonest to give a correct/truthful description of the item(s) they're selling. This obviously doesn't bother you, but it does bother me, and that's why I'll make every effort to call people out on matters like this (I've even helped many people get their parts sold by giving them the correct details on what they have).

Is that taking myself too seriously? I don't think so, & I'm sure many others would say the same thing. It's a passion for the cars & a belief in simple, up-front & honest trading practices with my fellow enthusiasts. I don't need beer for that. :cool:

Times like these...

My posts are not about me being "right". They're about pointing out & correcting the disinformation being dished out just so an item can get sold.

I can't tell you how many newbie 850 owners I've encountered that have bought the wrong parts for their cars because they didn't know better at the time & the seller was either too ignorant, lazy or dishonest to give a correct/truthful description of the item(s) they're selling. This obviously doesn't bother you, but it does bother me, and that's why I'll make every effort to call people out on matters like this (I've even helped many people get their parts sold by giving them the correct details on what they have).

Is that taking myself too seriously? I don't think so, & I'm sure many others would say the same thing. It's a passion for the cars & a belief in simple, up-front & honest trading practices with my fellow enthusiasts. I don't need beer for that. :cool:

I wish Xweb had a "like" button.

Pete

And the Capybara is a GIANT Guinea Pig not rat....cousin to the guinea pig :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

And thank you both

For being civil about the whole thing. Especially Jeff Stich, for going to great lengths to explain the differences in the parts.

Accuracy is not always appreciated, but civility is. :thumbsup:

As an aside, anyone who wants to challenge Jeff Stich's knowledge about rear-engine Fiats is asking for a virtual beating.

George, I'm probably going to get flamed for this

but are you sure you didn't date one of those capivaras??? It could be quite easy to do after several caipirinhas, batidas, or cervejas with shots of chachaca.

Mike

Back