Faran on Ebay UK (sorry Pottsy, beat you to it!)

IainB

Iain Braithwaite
As title, here:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1978-Faran-Eliminator-Fiat-x1-9-x19-Rare_W0QQitemZ260351811397QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAutomobiles_UK?hash=item260351811397&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2|65%3A7|39%3A1|240%3A1318

Ad reads:

Faran Eliminator Fiat x1/9
Very Rare Fiat x1/9 with the Faran Elminator conversion( I understand there is only 4 or 5 left in the world )This car was professional built by Faran Cars in the 80's. I am an x19 enthusist and purchased the car a a project knowing it requires some work , as it has not run in anger for a few years ,but dry stored by a car collector.
It features:
2 litre Lancia/Fiat twincam engine with 5 speed box .out of a Beta,having only covered 19,000 miles.
Around 145Bhp
0-60 6.6seconds.
The unique Faran Eliminator fibreglass bodywork, which is in excellent order with no colour fade ,stress cracks or glasing, the bonding to the orginal steel frame is perfect with no areas breaking away. The car has the Lamboquini style rear high wing and colour coded targa top.
The steel body underneath does require some work as there is rust on the floor pans ,but generally the structure is sound.
Compomotive FH split rim Wheels with good tyres. sitting on Leda suspension units with new brakes and discs.
The interior is the orginal Fiat 1300 style clean and tidy with bucket seats ,
The car has no M.O.T. and is on S.O.R.N.
I have access to a trailer ,and am prepared to deliver up to a distance of 100 mile, to help it go to a good home,as this is a very rare car ,and it needs to be back on the road.
Information about the company and the Faran eliminator in general can be found on the x1/9 owners website :
http://www.x1-9ownersclub.org.uk/index.php?page=01_2004
Give me a call if you want to view or have any questions : 07817461040
Cheers Graham

0dcc_1.JPG

Would I be right in thinking this is the same one that Dave went and saw a while back? It was being dry stored and wasn't in very good nick...

Regards,
Iain

Back