Faza Cam 40-80

Fiatpwr

True Classic
Hi all,
Just picked up a Faza cam locally. Can you believe it?

$250 + shipping from 05068

Last edited:
Pardon my ignorance:nuts: but is this a re-grind or is a FAZA camshaft an original grind? I'm very interested but I would need to know the specs on it like what the valve cleanances would be set to and the lift and duration if you know.

'PeteX1/9

Pardon my ignorance:nuts: but is this a re-grind or is a FAZA camshaft an original grind? I'm very interested but I would need to know the specs on it like what the valve cleanances would be set to and the lift and duration if you know.

'PeteX1/9

This is an original FAZA daytona. Not a regrind. It has been installed, but has low mileage by the looks of things. Valve clearance would be .010 intake and .014 for exhaust. I don't know the lift and duration but I'm sure a little google sleuthing would reveal the numbers.

I find 10.35mm of lift from a search of this site.

Last edited:
If you are trying to determine...

I'm very interested but I would need to know the specs on it like what the valve cleanances would be set to

If it has the same base circle as a stock cam (and therefore you don't need to mess too much with shims or milling the cambox), unfortunately the valve clearance specs won't tell you that.

If you get a measurement across a stock cam and across this cam (nose pointed up, measure in the horizontal axis) you can get an idea if the base circles are roughly the same.

Pete

First things first

To petex19 Is your car carbureted or FI and is the engine modified or stock ? The faza 40/80 is not a regrind it's new and has the same base circle as a stock cam you will not need to shave the cam box but you will want to do a valve adjustment for best performance you'll want to make the valve clearance tighter than stock like .010 intake .014 exhaust .

My '84 X is carbureted running dual 45dcoe's and has BVhead, lightened flywheel, 4-1 header and this fall I'm planning on installing a 67.4mm crankshaft to make a stroker.

My cambox has not been shaved and am currently running a PBS SX1. I want this camshaft so I'll PM the seller.

'PeteX1/9

Back