FERODO vs Mintex

Eastep

True Classic
Im looking for uprated pads for a semi race application. I drive my car very very hard and treat nearly every road as my own personal grand prix circuit. Many many years ago I used Mintex sport pads and Ferodo sport pads in X1/9 & GTi applications. I forget which car used which pads. Due to the inherent difference in platforms, weight and power; Im not sure I can draw a fair compression between the two. I do recall, that I enjoyed both pads, very much, and both had great initial bite, warm up and fade resistance! I simply cant remember which was on which car. Im looking for experienced opinions on this topic, and only for these, please. I know there are other pads like Hawk, EBC, Brembo and others. Im not interested in those suggestions, opinions or recollections nore am I interested in a dissertation on braking theory. Im interested only in Mintex or Ferodo sport/semi race and racing pads, info, please. Thanks.

I bought a stash of Fiat parts that included a box of brand new Ferodo "race" pads. I put them in a spider for street use and was very impressed with them. Only downside was they were very dirty pads but to me it was well worth it, probably the most impressive pads I have used on Fiats.

Back