Fiat 124 Dino Style Wheels Available...

icr

True Classic
I have 5 Fiat 124 Dino style wheels. I had been saving since 1980 when I sold my 124, hoping to get another to restore. At this point probably never happen, so the wheels can go to someone's project. Local pickup near Cleveland Ohio $50.
First picture shows the wheels on my car in 1978. Next picture shows the wheels as they are right now. They are in pretty bad shape and need to be re-done.

I don't have the little hubcaps. I believe my father 'borrowed' them when he restored two Fiat Dinos many years ago so they are long gone.

Attachments

• Fiat 124.jpg
    Fiat 124.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 133
  • Fiat 124 Dino Wheels.JPG
    Fiat 124 Dino Wheels.JPG
    328.4 KB · Views: 129
How wheels like these ended up on the Detroit/California designed Mustang I in the Henry Ford museum is a mystery to me.

Yes, but wheels like that don't just 'bolt on' to any American car. Does that meat the hubs and possible other parts are Fiat?? Wikipedia reads as if the Mustang I was built in a hot-rod shop in California.

Yes, but wheels like that don't just 'bolt on' to any American car. Does that meat the hubs and possible other parts are Fiat?? Wikipedia reads as if the Mustang I was built in a hot-rod shop in California.
The operative term being "hot rod". It's a design exercise, they used whatever parts and pieces they needed to put it together. It's probably built on an existing Italian chassis.

Fyi, although these wheels appear similar, they are not all the same. The CD1 & CD2 wheels on the Fiat Dino are 14" with a 5-bolt lugbolt pattern, while the CD3's on the Fiat 124 are 13" with a 4-bolt pattern.

You might want to post this in the for sale forum as they will fit Xs, 128, 124 etc.

If your price actually is $50 & not a typo, I'm interested if you can provide better photos of them.
You might want to post this in the for sale forum as they will fit Xs, 128, 124 etc.

And at $50, they should get snapped up fairly quickly.

Fyi, although these wheels appear similar, they are not all the same. The CD1 & CD2 wheels on the Fiat Dino are 14" with a 5-bolt lugbolt pattern, while the CD3's on the Fiat 124 are 13" with a 4-bolt pattern.
Yes, though my recollection is the little hubcap may be the same.

The operative term being "hot rod". It's a design exercise, they used whatever parts and pieces they needed to put it together. It's probably built on an existing Italian chassis.
Maybe not so embarrassing at the time as Wikepidea shows the only FORD engine at 1962 Le Mans was a 1500cc Marcos that did not finish. I suspect by 1966 they would not want any Italian parts on their racing prototypes.

Back