Fiat 128 4x4 on Craigslist

I've thought of building a 4wd 128 but not like this... Never like this...

Body looks straight but maybe the floors were toast. I can't tell if he meant the Rally was a good runner before or the Chevy. I wonder how the interior is.

Looks to me as though the body is not yet mated to the chassis. Just hanging on chains above it.

It looks like he might have cut into the engine compartment bulk head, which if so is too bad as it would be challenging to bring it back as a 128. This is clearly an example where the end results does not exceed the sum of its parts.

Naw, this is a clear example of looking around at the cars in the yard and deciding, "why not".

that's "rally" fkd up

Oh....I thought that you would "LUV" it.....:)

I'm just twisted enough to think this could be a cool project. Hey...sort of a Yankee version of Project Binky.

Yeah - the body is currently just hung there on chains. Just grab your grinder and welder and make it fit.

Only thing I cant figure out - is that surely the LUV chassis would have a much longer wheelbase than the 128. But they look to match pretty well in the photo. Illusion from the camera angle ? Have they lengthened the 128 body ? Or have they shortened the LUV frame ?

I can just picture it with some mongo flares and a bank of rally lights on the front.....

A quick Google shows the LUV truck wheel base as 102.5" and the 128 Coupe wheel base as 87.5". So that 15" difference says the LUV was shortened or needs to be shortened. In the one picture, it looks like the chopping may already have happened, but it could be deceiving.

Back