Fiat 128 For Sale In Idaho

Yeah, well...

...it kinda goes with the slot mag wheels. :) But for the asking price, it could be excused or at least overlooked, not many non-rusty 128s left.

4-door Fiats Are Neat Beacause...

...folks generally don't expect them to perform very well, but they do! I've had more fun on track days and club tours in 4-door Fiats due to the attention they gain from others, not to mention their practicality as daily drivers. For the 128, the 2-door, 4-door, and Wagon all have the same wheelbase, drivetrain, etc. so differences in performance are minimal, it's more about style and impression.

i have a sef of NOS Faza 128 flares and a set of original CD30's waiting for a nice 128 to come to my garage....:D

Brent, did you buy the 4dr?

CL post deleted by author. MiraRumor mentioned it going to Virgina.
128 fans await update!

Listen to DaveV about 4dr 128. I felt same way before I got 4dr.
Even waffled about buying the one I did...until almost too late.
It got sold on ebay, after which I confessed my lust to the PO.
He talked ebay buyer out of the deal, so I could buy it.
Wisest car purchase I ever made! But then, it's a little hotrod
with 1500, dual carbs, high compression, & exhaust mods.
My daily driver for last 5 years.
aroocrop2.jpg

aroocrop1.jpg

Mike...

No...was too late on it. One of these days I'll have a 128 sedan. I did see the one in Sacramento in person...nice car but no title. :sigh:

Still got my 76 128 Wagon though! :D

Your car would be perfect!

Sacto area 128...

...relisted Dec 1 at $1300/OBO.
Been advertised since May, starting at $2000.
Dropped few $100 over the summer, & recently dropping more dramatically.

Ad copy says $550 back DMV fees due, and won't pass smog,
but no mention of not having title.
Seems to me the statement of back fees due would indicate seller does have title.

Pretty sure other states wouldn't require payment of Calif back fees,
as long as one has a Calif title to turn in.
But if seller doesn't have the paper, Calif won't issue replacement until back fees are paid.
And suspect they wouldn't co-operate with lost title app from other states.

Looks pretty sano, & might be worth grabbing, then finding VIN donor.
There was a roachy cheap 4dr for sale in SoCal desert several months ago.

'76 will likely go on the block next year, likely minus some hotrod goodies.
And likely my blue '74 Estate will also hit the block.
Depends on consumation of pending purchase of another Estate.
Thought it was a done deal, but seller is having separation anxiety.
Tho' he assures me the car is mine when he gets past that.

Aim to cull the herd down to about 5 Fiats over next few years.
At my age, likely only have couple more restos in me,
so a turnkey Estate frees me to finish in-progress Xs & 128 SL coupe.
I'd prefer something other than split pea green, but chicks dig the color.
Original to the car...funky retro vibe...still brainwashing myself!
Coupla pics for your amusement...
swfront.jpg

swinterior.jpg

Here is link and ad copy to the 128 4dr near Sacto Calif...
http://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/3447211339.html
This car is Fiat 128 , Year is 1977. Car is curently runs and drives but need tuneup. I try to register but it has around $550 back fee also need to pass smog test. I took it to smog station it failed but not badly. Interior is very clean .Tirs are good.I'm asking $1300 OBO. I'm also open to trades. This car is can be a good project car for hot rod. Its very atractiv.. Let me know what you offer or you have. My name is Mike 916 9343150.

...relisted Dec 1 at $1300/OBO.
Been advertised since May, starting at $2000.
Dropped few $100 over the summer, & recently dropping more dramatically.

Ad copy says $550 back DMV fees due, and won't pass smog,
but no mention of not having title.
Seems to me the statement of back fees due would indicate seller does have title.

Pretty sure other states wouldn't require payment of Calif back fees,
as long as one has a Calif title to turn in.
But if seller doesn't have the paper, Calif won't issue replacement until back fees are paid.
And suspect they wouldn't co-operate with lost title app from other states.

Looks pretty sano, & might be worth grabbing, then finding VIN donor.
There was a roachy cheap 4dr for sale in SoCal desert several months ago.

'76 will likely go on the block next year, likely minus some hotrod goodies.
And likely my blue '74 Estate will also hit the block.
Tho' he assures me the car is mine when he gets past that.

Aim to cull the herd down to about 5 Fiats over next few years.
At my age, likely only have couple more restos in me,
so a turnkey Estate frees me to finish in-progress Xs & 128 SL coupe.
I'd prefer something other than split pea green, but chicks dig the color.
Original to the car...funky retro vibe...still brainwashing myself!
Coupla pics for your amusement...
swfront.jpg

swinterior.jpg

Here is link and ad copy to the 128 4dr near Sacto Calif...
http://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/3447211339.html
This car is Fiat 128 , Year is 1977. Car is curently runs and drives but need tuneup. I try to register but it has around $550 back fee also need to pass smog test. I took it to smog station it failed but not badly. Interior is very clean .Tirs are good.I'm asking $1300 OBO. I'm also open to trades. This car is can be a good project car for hot rod. Its very atractiv.. Let me know what you offer or you have. My name is Mike 916 9343150.

Hi Mike,so this beautiful green 128 wagon currently belongs to you?....shes a beauty!!!

Cut to chase...

Sorry Albert...you're not the first to suffer glazed-over eyeballs
after attempting to read my excess verbosity.

Yah...pretty stoked by the opportunity for turnkey,
and done right by seller I know is meticulous.
Little bummed by delay, but 99% sure it will happen.

Mr. Spiltime: Please post what you find out about Sacto 128!
Like I said, they're awesome cars to drive,
and much easier to get in&out of for creaky olerascal bones.
PO of my sedan used it as daily driver for 7 years,
and I have for 5 years...currently 184000 miles on it.

So let me get it right Mike.You currently own the burgundy 4dr sedan and the blue state wagon,right?.....but you are gonna be getting rid of both the 4dr sedan and blue state in order to purchase the green state in the future?......oh boy now im confused!!!....lol:nuts:
Also i remember seeing a picture of the blue state wagon right below the popoo green one.What happened to it?
One thing for sure,lmk whenever you decide to part ways with with your wagon.I may be able to afford something else Fiat after next summer!!!

Mr. Spiltime: Please post what you find out about Sacto 128!
Like I said, they're awesome cars to drive,
and much easier to get in&out of for creaky olerascal bones.
PO of my sedan used it as daily driver for 7 years,
and I have for 5 years...currently 184000 miles on it.

Will do, hoping for a response. My previous two inquiries into Fiats for sale got me 0 responses :p

I'm thinking I can get it into my garage for under 2k (car+shipping), if they provide (sort of have to if I'm going to buy remotely) good underbody etc pictures... I'll have done well.

So far I've gotten back:

"Sorry I don't do shipping stuf!

Sent from my iPhone"

I sent back a longer email reaffirming I'm not a "please cash check and send me only the excess" person from Nigeria... hopefully he is willing to explore a sale from someone out of town. Also let him know he would have to handle shipping... a shipper would just come to get it.

Waiting game now I guess.

Sacto 128

I too am still thinking about the orange Sacto 128…

I did see this car in person while driving from WA state to Colorado over Thanksgiving. I went through Sacto just to check this car out. Since the owner didn’t have the title, I wanted to do more research on obtaining a title for it in WA state before picking it up. Turns out it’s not too difficult to obtain a title…can register it, but may have to wait 3 years before actually getting the title. Anyway, the car seemed complete and in pretty good shape. CA plates expired in 1991. It’s a respray…not great, but not bad either. Some body work has been done on the drivers rear corner and I’d like to say the passenger side front and rear doors. Body work could have been better. I was surprised at how nice the interior was…dash, front seats, and carpet were really good, rear seat had splitting along the top of the seat back. It'll need some interior work like aligning the dash stuff (climate controls, etc) and replacing missing screws. Trunk looked really nice with shiny orange paint. Since it was raining and windy (Sacto weather was a mess that weekend!)…I looked it over as best I could. I would say rust is very minimal on it…but the battery tray may need some lovin’. Engine compartment was complete (including emissions stuff) and fairly clean. The car had a hard time starting and would fire up once it was almost flooded. Revved up nicely and was firing on all 4 cylinders before it died. Repeat…wouldn’t stay running. Overall…a decent 128…

Oh no…I think I’m talking myself into it! :eek:mg:

I too am still thinking about the orange Sacto 128…

I did see this car in person while driving from WA state to Colorado over Thanksgiving. I went through Sacto just to check this car out. Since the owner didn’t have the title, I wanted to do more research on obtaining a title for it in WA state before picking it up. Turns out it’s not too difficult to obtain a title…can register it, but may have to wait 3 years before actually getting the title. Anyway, the car seemed complete and in pretty good shape. CA plates expired in 1991. It’s a respray…not great, but not bad either. Some body work has been done on the drivers rear corner and I’d like to say the passenger side front and rear doors. Body work could have been better. I was surprised at how nice the interior was…dash, front seats, and carpet were really good, rear seat had splitting along the top of the seat back. It'll need some interior work like aligning the dash stuff (climate controls, etc) and replacing missing screws. Trunk looked really nice with shiny orange paint. Since it was raining and windy (Sacto weather was a mess that weekend!)…I looked it over as best I could. I would say rust is very minimal on it…but the battery tray may need some lovin’. Engine compartment was complete (including emissions stuff) and fairly clean. The car had a hard time starting and would fire up once it was almost flooded. Revved up nicely and was firing on all 4 cylinders before it died. Repeat…wouldn’t stay running. Overall…a decent 128…

Oh no…I think I’m talking myself into it! :eek:mg:

Worth going through the trouble of shipping it to Chicago? It'll live a nice garage life once here.
I'd just need the guy to drive it onto a shipping truck.

This would be my first Fiat... probably setup as something I could drive around when its nice out and take to the track when I'm in the mood (roadcourse of course).

Back