Fiat 128 SL in NJ

tomnj

Old fogie stogie
It's finally here! Isn't she a beauty?

11182009001.jpg

11182009.jpg

11182009002.jpg

The engine is locked up from sitting for 10+ years outside. Interior and paint are shot from being "freeze dried" in a field in Spokane WA. BUT...solid body with very little rust, 57K original miles (owned by a woman originally, shows very little "wear") unmolested (except what mother nature did to it). The engine, I'm told, was replaced at one point with a 1.5 from a Strada. I wonder how I can verify that?

Marvel Mystery Oil is soaking in the cylinders now, hopefully I can unseize it soon (previous owner says "ran when parked"). I have my work cut out for me...

Awesome!

One of my all-time favorite Fiats! I have only seen one of those in the flesh here in KY and it was in similar condition. Looks like a great restomod project!

Thanks guys... Robert, awesome 3P, the color is nice. Are those early 13" Spider wheels? They look bigger/wider than the stock ones.

Lookin' gr8 Tom!

Glad the long distance rolling of dice paid off.
Extra good or extra bad doesn't necessarily show in pictures.

Robert's wheels are cromadora aftermarket.
Electron alloy...desireable, light, valuable.
Generally sized at 5" to 6" wide.
So not overly wide.
But that's good for FWD with unequal length axles.

Please post updates and build thread of the SL.
Thx, MM

Identifying a 1500cc engine

On the intake/exhaust side of the block, 1500s have "Lancia" and Y-shaped stiffeners protruding from the casting.

Regards,

Fiat 128 Coupe

Best of luck with the build. I raced these cars from 1980 -1990. Great fun. It's good to see them preserved from decay.I hope to build a website over the winter with loads of photo's and info for the 128 coupe's so watch this space.The photo is att.from 1983 ish. www.fiat128racing.com (under construction)

Back