Fiat 39.5mm BIG inlet valves

do the valve keeper grooves work with stock Fiat parts?
That is a pretty good deal coming merry ole England

Chris
Oakland,Ca.

These work fine. I know this because I have these exact valves in my own X1/9.
The spec on my motor is high compression head, big inlet valves, twin 40 dcnf, 40 80 cam with adjustable pulley, electronic ignition, electric fuel pump, lightened flywheel.
Had it rolling roaded with this set up at 115hp (93 at the wheels).
Since fitted a csc 4 to 1 branch exhaust manifold, so hoping its nearer 130 hp now.

These work fine. I know this because I have these exact valves in my own X1/9.
The spec on my motor is high compression head, big inlet valves, twin 40 dcnf, 40 80 cam with adjustable pulley, electronic ignition, electric fuel pump, lightened flywheel.
Had it rolling roaded with this set up at 115hp (93 at the wheels).
Since fitted a csc 4 to 1 branch exhaust manifold, so hoping its nearer 130 hp now.

Stock bottom end? Did you notice a big improvement when you fitted the 4 branch exhaust? And when are you getting it back on the rolling road?

Good price on the valves, BTW.

Cheers,

Thanks Mike, only modification to the bottom end was to enlarge the valve pockets in the piston crowns. That was done carefully with the pistons still in the block.
I have only just finished fitting the new exhaust system and hope to road test it this weekend...weather permitting!
If I can knock half a second off the 0-60 time I'll be happy!
But that might be a bit optimistic...
Let you know how I get on.

40/80 cam info

sledghammer
Where did you get the 40/80 cam and does it work well in the X looking at getting something not sure what yet, i will be running fuel injection 39.5 inlets 10-11/1 comp 4-1 exhaust manifold, also how did you enlarge the valve pockets in the piston crowns.
Thanks

sledghammer
Where did you get the 40/80 cam and does it work well in the X looking at getting something not sure what yet, i will be running fuel injection 39.5 inlets 10-11/1 comp 4-1 exhaust manifold, also how did you enlarge the valve pockets in the piston crowns.
Thanks

I am going to bet dremel tool? do tell Sledghammer

I also increased the valve inlet in the piston crown of my stock 1500 to make room for my BIV's. I used a combination of dremel grinding stones with a template guide after I did a couple of clay tests to get the distance I needed.

This is rather crude (looking) but you can see the relief I made in the intake side. Also for some reason in the pic it looks like a lot more removed that I really did. I taped off the entire surrounding area with AC duct tape to make sure I didn't get any shavings where I didn't want them. I ended up doing a little at a time, then a clay test then finish up then final clay test.

Image0093-piston1.jpg

BTW - this was a recommend solution by PBS...

You WILL notice a difference, with a fads 35/75
And BV head and twin 36 DCNF's our 128
Was transformed. If you have a single carb maybe upgrade to a 34 datr

Chris
Oakland

Hi Dave,
I got the 40 80 cam with a complete engine that I bought from some one down in Brighton. The cam originally came from a UK company called Avanti motorsports, they do cam regrinds and other mod work on Italian motors.
It works really well and revs very freely throughout the rev range, but still idles smoothly.
The engine modification work was all done by an engineeering company including enlarging the valve pockets in the piston crown.
I only put the engine back together!
I seem to remember they only widened the pockets, it was not necessary to increase the breadth.

Need that pattern !!! Doing the same job

Tim,
I have the big valve head already and need to grind the pistons to get clearance for the valves.
See u at the Concorso Italiano, please bring me a copy of the pattern
Thanks in advance
George

Dave:

A couple years ago, I contacted Al C (FAZA) before the hospitilization, and he still had new 40/80 (I was asking about 35/75 which he has no more of) to sell. I do not know how or if a transaction would occur (I believe Al C is in a nursing home) and his longtime companion may still be living at the residence, but if one could buy one from that supply, they are new, OE base circle, cams.

I do not know how or if a transaction would occur (I believe Al C is in a nursing home) and his longtime companion may still be living at the residence, but if one could buy one from that supply, they are new, OE base circle, cams.

The entire FAZA parts lot has already been sold, packed up & shipped to the new owner in Australia. Word is that, once things are sorted, ID'ed, etc., some of those goodies might start hitting the market. Whether it'll be via eBay, a private/business website or what, I don't know... :confuse2:

39.5 inlet valves

Hey,
Yes I can still get them. £50 including shipping. I can take paypal if your interested, for which my email is reddemon*sky.com

Many thanks

Guy

Back