FIAT 500 PURCHASE DETAILS?

eflexter

Eddie Flexter
People have the 500 on order, based on comments on another thread. What are you getting and what is the final $$$ figure?

I like the idea of a commuter car that isn't a box with tiny wheels. Is there a diesel version or super econo version? Gimme details plus your thought process in ordering.

I want to hear from people who actually know about the subject. Are you confident in initial quality and reliability? Have you had a test drive in any way? Did the dealer know what you were talking about? Stuff like that. Thanks!

We've called several of the dealers...

....many still do not know much/if anything about the cars...ESPECIALLY the receptionists that are answering the phones. It amazes me how there can be such a lack of communication. Some of these people still haven't even been told that they will soon be selling these cars.
:mallet:

this ill be a difficult search for you in the short term.

the Prima Ed were ordered online (or at FFO) without a test drive. There were two examples at FFO, but not available for test drives.

As teh US models have not run off the assembly line yet (or are just starting to), test drives will be at pick up time.

For the US, the std car http://fiat500usa.blogspot.com/ is a good start. The initial car will be a Coupe, tin top or lg sunrood, multi aire 4cyl (~100hp) (You can bet on ~$16000-16999 for the base car)

The 500C (drop top) and 170hp Abarth will be introduced ~ next fall.

Details are still filtering in

Hmmm, where to start....

People have the 500 on order, yes. based on comments on another thread. What are you getting and what is the final $$$ figure? Sport in Red, loaded with all options, including sunroof and engine block heater. $20,400USD

I like the idea of a commuter car that isn't a box with tiny wheels. Me too. Is there a diesel version or super econo version? With initial pre-order, no options on engine or trans. 1.4ltr gas. & 5 spd manual. Gimme details plus your thought process in ordering. Process = I want one. Euro record = very good, oh what the hell, I'll go for it....

I want to hear from people who actually know about the subject. Are you confident in initial quality and reliability? Absolutely confident? Have you ever owned a Fiat before? :) kidding.... Have you had a test drive in any way? No. Did the dealer know what you were talking about? Dealer? What dealer? They know lesss than I do. Stuff like that. Thanks!

I am pretty much flying blind. I saw the Euro cars in Europe and at Freakouts. There are a few good blogs out there that show some hope at a good execution. As for the dealer experience, I am not holding my breath for anything other than a typical shady dealer purchase process. These guys are not in it to promote the product, they are out to make a quick buck any way they can. They few dealers I have contacted in the North East have proven my point.

I made a leap of faith and am really testing my loyalty... If you are concerned enough to ask these questions, then I would suggest waiting until the hype is over and see how the dust settles. I have been doing the Fiat thing for about 25 years now, and took a gamble.

Good luck.

Arman

Back