Fiat abarth 1000 OT coupe

abalslev

Daily Driver
Rare car, not sure when another’s gonna come up for sale.

Attachments

• EB34CF93-E75E-4B07-83E4-C6F82236AAD8.jpeg
    EB34CF93-E75E-4B07-83E4-C6F82236AAD8.jpeg
    180.5 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
I look at that car and think it would be so easy to put back on the road. Everything it needs I have. Except for the time.
Not sure it's an original color...
We will never know what was going on with that rear suspension.

I look at that car and think it would be so easy to put back on the road. Everything it needs I have. Except for the time.
Original color on that 1000 appears to be red based on the battery area and interior.

I really like these coupes. I’d love to put the time in on a project like this! However I have none of the things it needs and I’m afraid it wouldn’t make much sense in its condition at the current asking price. Hopefully someone will give it the love it needs.
Yeah, pretty sure it started out red based in the interior photos.

I agree, the red was the paint it came with from Abarth.
I am currently completing a 1000 OTR tribute car for a client. You could potentially spend many times what the OT's potential final value would ever be resurrecting the above car.
It would need to be a labor of love. Or something emotional for someone just writing checks.

I hope you will not think I am hijacking this thread... I don't think the original poster of this 1000 OT thread is the seller.

If you have a thing for 850 based low production cars, stay tuned. I am currently preparing three Moretti Sportivas as a package deal. Make two out of three...
I will never complete these projects before I die.
And I need the warehouse space!

three.jpg

Beige car was originally blue, but was "lost" in a mud slide, mid restoration.
Positano car was originally Pat Braden's. He bought it from the Moretti Brothers while he was living in Torino (before he moved to Detroit), so it's not one of the 28 cars imported to North America in 1967. I have spotted a few differences on those non USA destined cars.
White car was originally red. It's been converted to quad headlamps (I don't think it was born that way), but everything needed to go back original is included.
If you part one out. Otherwise I also have what you would need...

Please note these are early "open" door glass cars, not the later "enclosed" door glass cars that Jeff Stitch has a window for. Consequentially, only one out of two potential cars will have roll up door glass...
Unless you want to spend an insane amount of money having glass made! If you do, you will have the samples.

You had better have a welder, and know how to use it.
And yes, I have all of the impossible parts, other than the second set of door glass.
850 parts are really not a big deal.

Last edited:
I agree, the red was the paint it came with from Abarth.
I am currently completing a 1000 OTR tribute car for a client. You could potentially spend many times what the OT's potential final value would ever be resurrecting the above car.
It would need to be a labor of love. Or something emotional for someone just writing checks.

I hope you will not think I am hijacking this thread... I don't think the original poster of this 1000 OT thread is the seller.

If you have a thing for 850 based low production cars, stay tuned. I am currently preparing three Moretti Sportivas as a package deal. Make two out of three...
I will never complete these projects before I die.
And I need the warehouse space!

View attachment 60655

Beige car was originally blue, but was "lost" in a mud slide, mid restoration.
Positano car was originally Pat Braden's. He bought it from the Moretti Brothers while he was living in Torino (before he moved to Detroit), so it's not one of the 28 cars imported to North America in 1967. I have spotted a few differences on those non USA destined cars.
White car was originally red. It's been converted to quad headlamps (I don't think it was born that way), but everything needed to go back original is included.
If you part one out. Otherwise I also have what you would need...

Please note these are early "open" door glass cars, not the later "enclosed" door glass cars that Jeff Stitch has a window for. Consequentially, only one out of two potential cars will have roll up door glass...
Unless you want to spend an insane amount of money having glass made! If you do, you will have the samples.

You had better have a welder, and know how to use it.
And yes, I have all of the impossible parts, other than the second set of door glass.
850 parts are really not a big deal.
Chris - those are really cool. I had to google
the sportive to see what it is. Never seen them before. Like a baby Dino 246. That would be a neat project.

Seems that if the OT 1000 has its original Abarth-modified block and head, it might be a decent value, since the engine was 95% of the Abarth changes (plus a different ring/pinion, if I recall correctly).

The rear badges are commonly reproduced, but the nose badge isn't. The original Abarth steering wheel is also tough to find. All these things could transfer into a great standard 850 Coupe and presto -- an "OT 1000." These cars retained their Fiat serial numbers and there's no real record of which serial numbers were given the OT 1000 treatment as far as I know. I think that's the way to go.

Chris, sad to see you finally selling the Sportivas but glad they'll likely be transformed into at least one great car.

Back