Fiat Emblems...

lookforjoe

True Classic
Found a drawing I did in College back in '79 - the left over bits from my dead 500 & totalled 850 :rolleyes2:

IMG_6620.jpg

the only photos I have of my 500 - friend in the car

hus0040a.jpg

hus0041a.jpg

Cool...

I especially like your friend in the 500...

But I'm afraid there is only ONE emblem I believe truly defines and represents the Fiat X1/9... and that's OUR answer to the Charging Bull, the Prancing Pony, the Prancing Mouse, the Dancing Moose (Volvo... if ya didn't know...) and that is...

The Bucking Jackass!

DSCN1486-1.jpg

The Bucking Jackass was originally designed by my son Joe from ideas that were posted here, then massaged by Bob Brown and EMBLEM-IZED by Ricardo Borja.

PrancingMoose.jpg

Heres' one for you... enjoy!

SoCal4.gif

This is the mascot for a Miata Team and I guess its a Strutting Cock! Team Voodoo... and dig the RED EYE!

vd1.jpg

Here is one of the better displays of any logo, anywhere...

And lastly...

Simon Templer... and I dunno what car I saw this on... Probably and Aston Martin...

saint.jpg

Nice!

I have acquaintances with the moose on their Volvo's- looks a tad silly to me.

My wagon is devoid of emblems & decals

V70XCloweredTMEsprings0007.jpg

The badge is attached to a Volvo P1800S

It denotes Simon Templar (the Saint) a creation of Leslie Charteris and star of the eponymous tv series in which our hero (later to become one of the Bond 007 actors) made his way around Europe in the 60s in his early white edition righting wrongs and pleasing the fair sex.
Volvo were quick to offer the car after Jaguar turned down the producers of the weekly show. Early cars were made by the Jensen Brothers in England then shipped to Sweden for finishing.

Volvo P1800S 1968
Volvo20P1800201968.jpg

Roger Moore as 'The Saint' (bring back the 60s!)
saint_1420352i.jpg

From wikipedia...

The design work was done by Helmer's son Pelle Pettersson, who worked at Pietro Frua at that time. The Italian Carrozzeria Pietro Frua design firm (then a recently acquired subsidiary of Ghia) built the first three prototypes, designated: P958-X1, P958-X2 and P958-X3.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volvo_P1800

Jaguar simply did not understand the value of TV advertising back in the day... One BIG missed opportunity for Jaguar, one great opportunity for Volvo..

Remember Emma Peel (Diana Rigg) driving that Lotus Elan in the Avengers?

It denotes Simon Templar (the Saint) a creation of Leslie Charteris and star of the eponymous tv series in which our hero (later to become one of the Bond 007 actors) made his way around Europe in the 60s in his early white edition righting wrongs and pleasing the fair sex.
Volvo were quick to offer the car after Jaguar turned down the producers of the weekly show. Early cars were made by the Jensen Brothers in England then shipped to Sweden for finishing.

Volvo P1800S 1968

Roger Moore as 'The Saint' (bring back the 60s!)

Even so...

....the Jaguar XJS outsold the Volvo P1800 by leaps and bounds, and outlasted the production of the P1800 by decades. The P1800 is a pretty rare car these days, and the XJS is a dime a dozen. I don't really think Jaguar lost too much sleep over it.

Didn't Don Adams drive a P1800 for a year or two in GET SMART, before he switched to a Karmen Ghia and the Sunbeam Tiger?

Yep... just about...

Any covenience store like 7-11 carries them... or ask for them at McDonalds with any 'Happy Meal'.

HA!

But... if ya truly want a set... contact Bob Brown here first, and if he is all out, then Ricardo Borja.

BTW... Just tonight we were stopped by a lady as we were exiting a parking lot who said, "Nice car... it this a little Ferrari?" My wife answered that it was a FIAT X1/9... and the lady said, "Well, I saw the horse..." to which I said... "Take a closer look, that ain't no horse... and it ain't prancing!" HA!

I have about 5 sets left

If ya want a set, $46 plus ship. Just let me know, but I'm traveling for a few more weeks, FYI. Email me if interested.

Back