Fiat FreakOut 2011

I guess I better go this time.

Fiat FreakOut 2011 will be held in Nashville, TN from July 21-24, 2011

stay tuned to www.flu.org for further details.

:)

Not quite as close as the 2005 in Osage Beach, but I better update my FLU membership. :)

Hey Chris... guess I have a target date for the 78 project now!

Toronto or Montreal :huh:

Hi Rick:

During the review process, Montreal withdrew its proposal. The BOD evaluated the Toronto and Nashville proposals, and after much (extensive) debate, selected the Nashville proposal.

The submitting individuals were notified this morning of the decision, and invited to please submit a proposal for a future FFO.

It should be noted that FFO planning and proposal submittal is A LOT of hard work and a serious commitment of effort and individual time, and a decision on FFO does take into account this dedication and commitment.

I offer a heartfelt thanks for all the hard work of those individuals who did submit proposals.

Thanks,
Kevin

This isn't right...

I'm not trying to start anything but this isn't right. FLU is supposed to be a North American car club but FFO is going into its 29th year and has never been held in Canada!! We are all equally paying members but yet it is painfully clear that FLU is an American Car Club. These facts were brought to my attention by members of both Toronto and Ottawa chapters and a plan to hold a Canadian event is already in the planning stages. Between Toronto, Montreal and Ottawa and surrounding cities us Canadians make up a good percentage of the members so this truely isn't fair.

'PeteX1/9

Just asking because I don't know, but how many years has a Canadian chapter sent in a proposal to have Freakout in their area? This year was the first I've heard. I know it doesn't always go the way we would like for it to. I should know since I've submitted a proposal two years in a row and not won it.

We were under the impression the Toronto Chapter would still hold an event if they didn't get the bid on FFO. If you are interested in more information, you might want to email their chapter contact.

I just recieved an e-mail from the Toronto Chapter regarding FFO and the Canadian Event. If you PM me your e-mail address I will forward the e-mail to you. There's alot going on....

'PeteX1/9

Without airing too much dirty laundry,Toronto and Montreal both decided that they were having their own event,and withdrew their proposals for FFO.This was way before Nashville was in the mix.It makes for great reading,contact John Montgomery and he will send you a copy of all the emails.Too bad,everyone was set for a Canadian FFO.

Pete's right in that FLU is a North American club. But all that means is that its North American based. Besides all the logistics involved and other issues mentioned earlier I think what it ultimately it boils down to the fact that Canada while having a ton of Fiat/Lancia members/owners there doesn't justify the larger number of American owners to get passports to go to Canada, plus with the weak dollar it would be extremely expensive and not feasible for many (its gonna be tough for me to make it to TN). I would LOVE to go to an event there (do some fishing/hunting too) Maybe in the next few years there will be a FFO in Canada. I hope so. BTW my wife and I are discussing running the Targa Newfoundland:headbang:

Targa ,,

I've seen some footage of that on T.V. it's quite an event. I'd like to attend it myself, as a spectator anyway. It's a beautiful province along with it.

One of three of this type of race.

The other two are in Tasmania and New Zealand.
Any damage done to housing in Newfoundland is covered by the government. We certainly do play much more second fiddle, due a lot to 1/10 the population etc. Too bad really, as a lot of Canada's accomplishments get overloooked.

Back