FIAT FreakOut 2013

Additional $25 per day for 3rd person?

I called to book a room. At first there is an automated process and asks you how many guests. After that a real person gets on the phone and tells you the room rate is for two people and there is an extra charge of $25 for each the additional person per day. Then you have to convince them there is a group rate for the Fiat event. For three people the rate was $144 plus 11% tax. Breakfast is not included. I later called back and booked the room and told them only 2 guests to get the $119 rate. :innocent:

Lou Teresi
74 X1/9
87 X1/9
2012 500 Prima #263

Just registered and booked a room. No problems with either the online registration form on the FLU site or the semi-automated hotel booking process. The person that I spoke to for the hotel registration was well informed on the "Fiat Convention". Hopefully it is because they're getting a lot of bookings. :woot:

Looking forward to a fun weekend.

FFO Trip 2013 starts at 9.am Stuttgart Airport - Germany

FFO 2013 -
Yes I'm in.

my Tour start's today at 9am Stuttgart airport - Germany. :dance:

Great to meet you all again. :)
See you at Thuesday.

X19doc
Gerd

South Germany

I'll be there...

though I still haven't finalized plans as to HOW I am going to get there. I need to do that TODAY! Thinking of a bus from Hyannis to Bridgeport, then the ferry, then a cab ride to hotel.

I looked at the weather forecast for Long Island for the week. Looks like mid-90's each day, and rain to boot. Hopefully that forecast will change before the event, but right now it looks like Mother Nature is not cooperating.

Jim, if you can get to Bridgeport...

My wife and I can get you the rest of the way.
We're going to take the ferry...
I'll contact you sometime tonight to discuss. PM me your phone.

My wife and I can get you the rest of the way.
We're going to take the ferry...
I'll contact you sometime tonight to discuss. PM me your phone.

When are you hitting the dock?

I read that the ferry costs about $60 with a passenger. Does it save much time? On the map it doesn't look like it but traffic could make the difference.

It WILL save time

The L.I.E (495) westbound is not somewhere you want to be, especially after 2:30-3:00 pm. In the morning the traffic goes eastbound, but it's not half as bad as the afternoon westbound traffic. My advice would be to take the ferry, it's a nice ride and MUCH more relaxing than going through the Bronx and Queens. Have a safe trip and I'll see you there (it's only 22 miles from my house, so I'm definitely going.

A few photos...

Just getting started.

A couple teaser shots from the show...

Jim MacKenzie's K-20 conversion...

xk89.jpg

0bgb.jpg

Jim McDonald's red X...

dfbs.jpg

More tomorrow....

Field of Dreams...

Here's a shot of FFO 2013 - the spread.
You can't see all the rows, but you can get an idea how spread out this was.
I saw over 23 X1/9's all in 1 place (a record for me!) with dozens of spiders, Fiat Abarth 500's Lancias, antique cars, etc.etc.
It was a great day (a hot one too!) with an excellent feed for all.
More photos to follow, sorry about this image size but I put it all in one photo.

qdon.jpg

Lots of fun chatting with Bob and Jim Saturday evening. Thanks for the electrical trouble shooting Bob (more on that later). Also sat with Adam and Lindsey at last nights dinner. I'm starting to remember some names! :nuts:

The assortment of cars this year was stunning. I'll get some photo's together.

Jon

Good seeing a bunch of my X19 buddies!

I wasn't planning to make the trip to Long Island. I was afraid of having to deal with the traffic in a 40 year old car and the rough roads, but (long story) my Spider or my X19 weren't ready for the trip so I ended up taking the Prima and I'm glad I came. I met a lot of new people, hung out with old friends and enjoyed the weekend. Great seeing many of you that went! Now, time to get ready for next year in Chicago and hopefully a trip to Oregon.

Good to see you too Denise...

...Even if you never remember me every time I see ya. :nuts: :grin:

Here is our group shot...

Some of the cars had already left the field as this was taken after lunch.

60759_10201466482884649_358903848_n.jpg

Sorry I missed you Denise

I was looking forward to meeting and talking to you at length, but had to leave FFO early.

I stopped by your table in the vendor area and was really impressed with the wooden replacement dashboards, both driver and passenger side, that you create for the 124 Spider. They appeared to be high quality work and I was happy to see the variety of wood choices you offer.

I have an 850 Sport Spider and have for a few years wanted to have real wood replacements for my driver and passenger side dash pieces. Is there any chance you may broaden your offerings to include *that* Spider as well? I don't know if there is an existing technical reason that prevents you from offering, or perhaps lack of potential sales volume that makes the work inefficient, or if you just need a template to make the pieces from. (If the latter I'd offer to send them to you)

Anyway I was so impressed I wanted similar for my model Fiat. Any chance?

Back