Fiat parts run last weekend

AngleT

Always more tuning to do
I'm a little late posting this, but I went on a Fiat parts run last weekend to Ohio. My father lost his battle with cancer last Christmas and the 79 X I gave him in 06 is now back in my garage along with all the parts we had collected for it. My father LOVED this car and drove it all the time to his grand-children's baseball games and other sporting events.

There was also a 78 X that I snagged for free from a guys back yard in 03 that my father had striped down and put into storage for me. The 78 had a 1500 swap done, but still had the 4 speed trans. Some of the more exciting parts are a NOS front hood, good drivers door and rear lid (from another parts car), a good condition brown dash for the 79, NOS carb, NOS driver's mirror, good condition strut tubes that will become coilovers sometime in the future, and a bunch of other great stuff! Here are some pics from the weekend.
IMG_0855.jpg

IMG_0861.jpg

IMG_0863.jpg

IMG_0864.jpg

IMG_0865.jpg

IMG_0858.jpg

IMG_0938.jpg

Oh, and did I mention the trip to the ER? :blackeye:
IMG_0852.jpg

This is what happens when heavy things are stacked on top of wobbly things! 4 stitches!

Geez Tom,

That's one nasty cut. Lucky your eye wasn't damaged.

Thanks for sharing. Your plans for the car?
I've got a spare engine that looks almost just like that.

Some day....

After spending all that money on my 85 and only getting somewhere over 100hp, it'll probably get a resto mod someday with a transplant similure to what Matt is offering at Midwest-Bayless. It's bone stock right now. It has a little body rot on the surface, but the floors, trunk wells, engine drain tubes, etc are fairly rust free.

So they hadta shave your whole head?

HA!

Glad yur OK... sort of...

Sorry for the loss of your Dad... glad his memory is being propagated.

No need to advertise my age!

No need to advertise my age with a receding hairline!

WOW thats a lot of RUST

That door rust is incredible. Looking at that car I think it is worth it to just ship a car from California. Especially after you figure the cost of stitches.
Bob T.

Good insurance, priceless.

No really, $0.00! Gotta love being retired military! :grin:

As for door rust, I've got a solid replacement door, NOS hood, and NOS PS front spoiler metal. The car otherwise is solid and was a $300 buy almost 10 years ago. It's also never seen any Ohio salt as it was in dry storage for the winters. Now, if you like rust, here was the 78 my father stripped for me.
IM001048.jpg

IM001049.jpg

IM001050.jpg

IM001051.jpg

IM001063.jpg

IM001056.jpg

100_6968.jpg

Somebody musta poured

salt over it on a daily basis! Ha!
I agree it's the rustiest I've ever seen too.
I'll bet it took real work to get anything out of that one!

I think I see a bullet hole??

4th picture down above the DS engine bay scoop???

A little target practice Tom? Or am I seeing things? :)

I saw that too

But the fuel tank didn't show any sign of damage. It might have been a bullet hole. The house where this car was sitting was back, back, way back in the woods and it was on the back side of the back yard....so, it's very possible.

My brother is a "lineman for the county" and they were doing line inspections when he ran across this X and told me about it.

That door rust is incredible. Looking at that car I think it is worth it to just ship a car from California. Especially after you figure the cost of stitches.
Bob T.

That door is "almost rust free" by Northeast standards..

Back