Fiat values

abarth2litre

1800CC SOHC X1/9
I stand by my prediction that X values are about to climb

Exhibit 1 Sept 2010 Automobile mag ( I dunno if that is approved reading by Goldilocks) page 120 in the Upshift section page. # 10
Bonhams Auctions Greenwich Ct.

1972 Fiat 850 Spider sold at $16,965 Yellow over black vinyl black top 903 cc four cylinder 4 speed manual. very good paint and chrome. very clean interior in the original style. Nardi wood steering wheel.

"A nice presentation and for some in attendance , a reminder that the world has certainly changed if an 850 Spider can sell for 17K and gold bars were not thrown in. The 850 was the perennially cheap and barely drivable car for a generation of used car buyers couldn't afford the Alfa Romeo they really wanted as their first set of wheels. Consider the pricing button reset with this sale."

OK? You "doubting Thomas-es?
Thomas DON'T sell! I know you and many others think it won't happen but mark this down .... values double in 18 months I.M.O.

Last edited:
As long as

As long as the price of parts doesn't double, I'm OK with it! :thumbsup:

Okay Ron....I love your optimism....but....

...I want to put a bet on it with you. In 18 months...or let's be generous and say October of 2012. I will bet you $50.00US that we will still see the X topping out at about $5K in US eBay auctions. If we can find more than three that go even $00.01 over $5K within 3 months of that...the money is yours. That is certainly not the DOUBLE you are projecting, but this is my belief. This post will document it. I hope you win! :thumbsup:

Witness to parts price escalation...

...years ago, my Porsche 356 coupe was just an old furrin car.
Parts were reasonably priced.
When ragtop 356 selling prices started climbing, so did parts cost.
Coupe value didn't take off like the ragtops,
but with escalating parts costs for the more valuable ragtops,
it became unfeasible to continue my coupe project.
Sadly sold it for parts.

Dallara project...

....will be done well before then. I'm hoping you win! My philosophy on money..."Spend it, I'll make more".

Back