Fiat X1/9 Exhaust nuts, gasket, oxygen sensor

rx1900

1981 X1/9
Hi folks. As part of an upcoming project, I have been collecting parts that some of you might find useful.

1) Copper clad exhaust nuts. M8 x 1.25. Special class 10 steel self-locking exhaust nuts. Copper clad so they wont seize like mild steel or stainless steel nuts when used on exhaust parts. Mechanical self locking as a nyloc would just melt. Mercedes spec. Proper Fiat 13mm wrench size - not the more common 12mm type. Nice and thick so the wrench can get a real good grip.

Great for use on X1/9. On manifolds to head, exhaust manifold to front pipe, exhaust manifold heat shield, converter, etc.

Real handy to have a bunch in your toolbox if you are dropping your exhaust for any reason. The old nuts are not likely to be able to be re-used.

I count 24 needed on a fuel injected X1/9. A few less on the carbed models.

So selling them in labeled packs of 25.

Only $10 US or $13 Canadian for a pack of 25. That is like 40 cents each.

2) Exhaust manifold-to-front pipe exhaust gasket for fuel-injected X1/9. Strangely, Fiat never used a gasket there from the factory. Just a metal to metal seal. As years pass, the joint gets rusty and warped. Many report difficulties with constant leaks from this joint. But I found a gasket that fits perfectly. Even has a fire ring so it wont blow out. Perfect for use with the above nuts to seal that joint once and for all.

Only $5 US or $6.75 Canadian

3) Replacement oxygen sensor. The finest NTK brand ( NTK is the oxygen sensor division of NGK spark plugs ) . NOT a universal sensor. Direct fit OE replacement with OE connector and OE boot.
They do wear out with time and mileage, so if yours is still original it is likely due for replacement.

Only $27 US or $36 Canadian.

See pics below.

For shipping and payment info please see here:
https://xwebforums.com/forum/index.php?threads/parts-ordering-from-rx1900.37418/

Thanks for looking. Doug

Attachments

• IMG_3530.jpg
    IMG_3530.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_3540.jpg
    IMG_3540.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_3537.jpg
    IMG_3537.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_3535.jpg
    IMG_3535.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
Always puzzled about the lack of a gasket for that manifold to downpipe connection!

On my '86, the gasket that is supposed to fit the downpipe to cat connection (the four bolt square one) never fits either, so when you run without one, you leak some water condensation out of that joint early in the warm up cycle. Find us one that fits, oh Obi Doug Kanobi! :)

No Dan.....at the downpipe to cat connection, Fiat never used a gasket there from the factory either. Another dumb move. Yeah, seems to seal okay just metal-to-metal when new, but after a few years of corrosion always leaks a bit.

Yes...one of our suppliers list a gasket for there...but as you found out...no it does not fit !!

Yeah....i've got a solution. Will be released along with my exhaust project. Stay tuned.....

Hello Doug,
I like all of your projects and initiatives for our community, great job again Doug.

I PM you

Yves

Back