Finally got it running

docpan

True Classic
After two years of sitting in the garage due to a small engine bay fire. I finally was able to rewire and replace damaged parts. The carbs were sent out to Weber Carburetor Restoration to be rebuilt. Did some new plumbing and after a frustrating no start issue. I was able to get the X running, and better then before. The idle is smoother, fuel/air ratio is right on. Since the carbs were out, it was a good time to change the water pump and hopefully solve the hot running. Thanks to Bob Brown for his help with electric issue, got me pointed in the right direction.

Attachments

• 20231124_131214.jpg
    20231124_131214.jpg
    485 KB · Views: 120
Looking really good Doc, LOVE the stainless hoses too! That should prevent another fuel breach. Nicely done!

After two years of sitting in the garage due to a small engine bay fire. I finally was able to rewire and replace damaged parts. The carbs were sent out to Weber Carburetor Restoration to be rebuilt. Did some new plumbing and after a frustrating no start issue. I was able to get the X running, and better then before. The idle is smoother, fuel/air ratio is right on. Since the carbs were out, it was a good time to change the water pump and hopefully solve the hot running. Thanks to Bob Brown for his help with electric issue, got me pointed in the right direction.
Great Doc, the X is back on the road. A meet back at Keene can be really fun ....No pressure on Bob ;-)

Back