First race of the year.

fastx19

Administrator
So, finally got the first race of the year out of the way. This car I an my partner have been building is specifically designed for hillclimbs, so autocross is not really something I thought it would do very well in.

Imagine my surprise when I took the 2nd fastest time of the day. I could have taken first, but the plugs started to foul and I figured I will try again tomorrow.

The car is fast, stupid fast. I hope to have a video up for you guys tomorrow night.

Here are some photos.

Notice the ride height of my partner in the car compared to the Fmod behind him! hahaha....

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p230/fastx19/Fiat/IMG_0253.jpg
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p230/fastx19/Fiat/IMG_0251.jpg
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p230/fastx19/Fiat/IMG_0250.jpg
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p230/fastx19/Fiat/IMG_0254.jpg

Enjoy.

Eric.

WOWOWOWOW! ERIC... ya done good!

Another Dallara that looks STUPID with that license plate on the rear!

HA!

Somehow... it just doesn't belong!

Awesome looking ride... and with that Mazda mill it oughtta be a real hoot! I too am looking forward to some videos!

Video.

My partner Charles driving the car.

I still beat him by three seconds! Ok, I won't gloat anymore....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxw5F2mrGD4"]YouTube- Charles Cope Run 2.wmv[/ame]

Eric.

First thought... great soundtrack!! :)

My partner Charles driving the car.

I still beat him by three seconds! Ok, I won't gloat anymore....

YouTube- Charles Cope Run 2.wmv

Eric.

Wow Eric. I can't wait to see it when the whole car is painted. I really like the orange.blue combo. Very sporty!

The car looks to be very fast, but I think you guys need to find a bigger parking lot. There are a lot more objects to dodge than just cones out there. That would scare the cr*p outta me, but you guys are experienced, so I guess it is no big deal.

Here in STL the auto crossers race in the gianormous parking lot at Gateway International which is just across the Mississippi in East STL. There are light standards around the various track (drag, oval and road IIRC), but none in the parking lot itself. You can kinda see it in this pic although I was focused on the timing thingy:

Jim...

I wish there was a bigger lot around. Unfortunately, when you live in the middle of Oregon there is not much of a choice. Believe it or not, that lot is the state fairgrounds parking lot!

Also, did I mention it is rough?

But, at least we are racing!

Eric.

Top Dawg back in the saddle...

...it ain't braggin' if you really done it.

You sh*tkickers from the sticks
gonna cut the hair off that cityboy hippie?

I ain't kidding... but I meant no offence...

I don't mean to say you are stupid or the car is stupid... a better choice of words woulda been... "It doesn't look like it belongs there!"

Kinda like seeing an FI on the street or License Plates on a NASCAR racer at Charlotte. Justs looks odd and I LOVE IT!

About 10 years back I was at a Good Guys Show at Pomona with about 3500 Street Rods in attendance. Many were, and are built with questionable titles like a '54 Plymouth VIN on what would appear to be a '32 Ford Roadster with a Blown Hemi in it...

At least for now... there is some kinda replica registration you can get for these street rods that Chip Foose and Coddington useta build... but the average Joe useta either try to do it though AAA or friends they knew at the DMV.

I digress though... as this BLOWN SMALL BLOCK CHEVY powered '37 FIAT COUPE with STRAIGHT PIPES comes rumbling into the fairgrounds... puking its coolant and popping and farting and smelling of Nitro... with a HUGE TOP FUEL type WING suspended above and behind the body... and a late series WHITE CALIFORNIA License plate SWINGING in the breeze tied on with bailing wire just underneath it!

As the driver tries to keep it from dying... the passenger jumps out and tries to quickly push it backwards into a space. Te crown joins in and gives him a hand... and an APPLAUSE!

About 30 folks had surrounded the car immediately and had their ears covered and their noses pinched... and when the engine finally died and would not relight... then they all started grinning and laughing... The two guys were cracking up also... saying things like how they were followed by cops and wondered if any had ran the plate... as it was registered to a family member's late model station wagon...

HA!

This thing had NO business being on the street! This license plate hanging there just kinda MOCKED every vehicle code there was.

Your ride kinda does the same thing!

CONGRATS... I love it!

I wish there was a bigger lot around. Unfortunately, when you live in the middle of Oregon there is not much of a choice. Believe it or not, that lot is the state fairgrounds parking lot!

Also, did I mention it is rough?

But, at least we are racing!

Eric.

Eric,

I saw this in the video and I sort of cringed:

eric_autox.JPG

I know it probably looks closer than it really is but still...
:p

I am going to confirm later this week...

But I would say it looks pretty good for us to be at OR10.

I need to chat with Mark P though...

Eric

Back