First start up

FiatFunk

True Classic
Finally got it started and running! It was intermittently spitting a little fuel up thru the carbs but settled down and began running smoother as it warmed up.
Things that need work...
The heater core is leaking, (should've just replaced it already, I see the post this morning about the lada power core)
Had a short in the starter to alternator cable so I disconnected that from the alternator, will look into what that was about.
Voltmeter and temp gauge were not reading anything.
Couldn't get it into gear.
So a couple things to look at this weekend, but happy it actually starts and runs.
Still so much to do!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240419-075401.png
    Screenshot_20240419-075401.png
    854.1 KB · Views: 19
About that alternator-starter cable short. Just between us two because it's super embarrassing, I shorted the cable on my son's '86 when I installed the exhaust manifold heat shield. Like any idiot would do, I pinched the cable between the heat shield and the manifold. When I went in there to change the head gasket a few months back I got a major ZAP! upon trying to remove the heat shield. WTF?!?!? That's when I saw the cable cut into by the heat shield. I'm amazed it didn't short sooner due to the insulation simply melting agains the manifold. It appears to be some tough insulation.

Back