Fly'in Spaghetti Monster

The best I could do -

I put it on my worktable for a while.
Quite a poetic writeup there.
No despair.

Pennies were pinched until they screamed...

It's been an engineering challenge for me to figure how to make a race car fast and reliable with literally pennies.

We will see how the car does at Button Willow. It's been to a track day with the new set-up. The car is in the tuning and set up process now and for the next few track days to come.

I saw the car at the Fiat America meeting Monday night. Very impressive. lot's of innovative ideas from a very limited budget.

BWillow dates

Tech is Friday, Aug 14th. This is where they first check our safety, then assess the legitimate(ness) of our entry. This is a complex mating dance involving begging, indirection, cheating, and bribes. If you're impressive enough (ie. just plain nuts), they'll award BONUS laps (ie. give you a head start in terms of lap count). If the axe swings the other way, you get penalty laps - I think to the tune of 1 lap for every $10 overspent.

Saturday Aug 15th and Sunday Aug 16th are the actual race. Saturday tends to be pretty conservative, as there are a high number of cars still running and everybody is trying to save their cars for the sprint.

Sunday is when the mayhem happens, really. But both days are pretty much non-stop action, both on the track and in the pits.

If you've not seen one in person, I highly recommend it.

Sounds like my weekend is planned...

Bob Dylan and Willie Nelson show on Saturday evening and Buttonwillow on Sunday. Lord have mercy!

video update

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IoUr2FFX3M&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - Lemons Fiat X1/9 power fly-by thunderhill[/ame]

I looked through all the race pics. The X was the best looking car. A lot of them looked like they were ready for a demolition derby not a road race. I guess that is a lot of fun to make your car into a character.

Looks can be deceiving. Most of these are "cheater cars". The scrubby looks are to distract you from what's really happening underneath.

Last Test Run before Bwillow in August

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdzzX7ygNzs"]YouTube - Last Lemons Fiat Test run Buttonwillow 8/1[/ame]

Back