For Sale in Vancouver WA

jlpatton

Daily Driver
Here a 79 For sale on portland craigslist > clark/cowlitz > for sale / wanted > cars & trucks - by dealer
1979 Fiat X19 - $878 (Vancouver, WA)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2010-12-26, 1:18PM PST
Reply to: sale-wqbrv-2129980247*craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1979 Fiat X19
Restoration in process, all parts to complete
includes car cover

Pick-N-Pull
Vancouver, WA
9605 NE 76th St.
360-892-8906 Option 3
Open SUN-SAT 9-6

•it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 2129980247

Copyright © 2010 craigslist, inc.terms of useprivacy policyfeedback forum

Up date on car from Brain

After meeting with Brain yesterday to pull some parts for everyone here I asked if he could stop by the yard in Vancouver WA. and check it out for me if it was worth picking up here is his input on it and pics.

We stopped by yesterday and looked at the x in Vancouver. It is restorable doesn't seem to have much rust but they shot primer everywhere so it will take a little more investigation on your part to make sure. It is in good enough shape to make the trip over to check it out. Seems to have minor front end damage that was not addressed before starting the paint work, the front bumper is not strait but it is solid, not just hanging loose and the hood doesn't line up right. It seem to have enough parts to put it back together, but with out a full inventory it's hard to tell, saw extras of some. If you do go for it, you will want the top from the portland yard as some brainiac cut a sunroof into a targa top.

maybe he will post the pics he took so some one might want to jump on this project one enough right now.

Here are the pics.
IMG_4704.jpg

IMG_4703.jpg

IMG_4702.jpg

IMG_4701.jpg

IMG_4700.jpg

IMG_4699.jpg

IMG_4698.jpg

IMG_4697.jpg

IMG_4696.jpg

IMG_4695.jpg

IMG_4694.jpg

IMG_4693.jpg

IMG_4692.jpg

IMG_4690.jpg

IMG_4689.jpg

IMG_4688.jpg

The hood lines up better than mine! That one rear strut mount looks pretty high.
Are slot mags like those fairly common? I've always liked those, not sure if they fit the style of an X or not but I like 'em.

So.....

Do ya think they would have thought twice on the sunroof if they realized the top came off? :doh:

A friend of mine did it to one of his. I razzed him prettey hard about it at the time, but when it was done it sort of made sense. It was as close to a Saratoga top as you could get at the time. Would I do it one of mine? I've thought about it with one of the spare tops, but then I think better of it. Of course, the guy I bought my '77 from knew the top came off, but had no idea it stored in the front trunk...

interior is salvageable. "Special" really about sums up the rest of the car though :mallet:

This car is now being parted.

I got the instrument cluster for the 140 MPH speedo
stainless catch tank
Ignition switch
Column switch cluster
Light switch
Glove box latch
Fuse / relay panel

Brian

Back