For Sale: Two 1974 Fiat 850 Spiders

italalfa021

Hi everyone, I'm selling these for a friend of the family who's a bit computer challenged. He has two (2x) 1972 Fiat 850 Spiders (correction). One is metallic green color and has had total body restoration within the past few years keeping with the original paint. Has approx 40k miles and includes, new top, restored wheels and new tires. The other is white and is about 75% restored but all parts are included. The body work on this car has already been done and it has also been painted original white.

He is asking $7k for the green and willing to listen to any reasonable offers. He is also open to offers for both as a package.

If you are interested, please message me or email me. Vehicles are located in Schenectady, NY.

Here are a few pictures:
romalo 013L.jpg

romalo 009L.jpg

romalo 011L.jpg

romalo 012L.jpg

romalo 005L.jpg

romalo 006L.jpg

romalo 007L.jpg

Last edited:
I agree Tim

That green one looks really nice. Wanna lend me $7K till payday???? ;)

1972, not 1974

a 1974 spider is new to me, thought production ended in 1973, and why I bought my first (1974) X1/9. I think that SEAT kept producing the Spiders post-73, but not Fiat. Maybe I am wrong (often am)...does anyone know?

You are correct, 1973 was the last production year for the Fiat 850 Spider, with the X1/9 taking over Bertone's formerly-850 Spider production line directly afterwards, thus there are no 1974-model Fiat 850 Spiders. Judging by certain year-specific trim seen on the cars, they are both 1972 models. :geek:

Last edited:
hmmm ok sorry about this. I will check back with the owner and see what is up with the year. sorry I'm not a fiat guy...alfa guy :)

Carpetted?

interesting that the green one appears to be carpeted...that's a mod, all the 850's had rubber mats.

Also unusual, the radio option with center console and mono speaker is there, also somewhat rare.

Jeff Stich: are these not the metal 1973 dashboards with the angular edges on them...or did they exist in 72 as well?

Re: dash panels

Jeff Stich: are these not the metal 1973 dashboards with the angular edges on them...or did they exist in 72 as well?

The angular-edged alloy dash insert panels (and the dash pad used with them) were used on both the 1972 & 1973 models years, but the driver-side panel was different between the 2 years; 1972 had 4 small round holes for the toggle-type switches, whereas 1973 had 3 larger rectangular holes for the "new" rocker-type switches (the windshield-wiper switch was now incorporated into the steering column switch unit that operated the turn signals & high/low beams, but as a single dedicated stalk on the right side of the column, similar to other Fiat models of that era).

For example:

1972 850 Spider dash:
72dash.jpg

1973 850 Spider dash:
73dash.jpg

Back