Frankenstein 79 exie with Mods

Ashackatak

Low Mileage
...price drop...
Okay, so, I guess I'm done. :( I picked up a 79 exie about 7 years ago. Breathed life into it. Converted it to fuel injection. Tuned it, Raced it a couple of times, daily drove it for 2 years, and now it sits. I moved to MD from Long Beach Cali, and my house has no garage, I work too much, and I'm tired of my wife harping on me to get rid of it. So , I have an exie that needs a home...the bad?
Still won't start, but with some diag time, I am sure I could get it running, I just don't have the time.
Interior is bad. Seat bottoms are good. Drivers door panel is wrecked, drivers window crank is wrecked. Dash dials are all bent. Dash is cracked. Had it repainted red and body work dome when I first got it, but rust started to re-develop under the windshield.

What it has:

Megasquirt system pieced together with 2 vw pumps, mitsubishi eclipse injectors, a Gm crank tooth with magnetic pickup. Fiat fi intake manifold and rail, Gm map sensor, and ms&s v2, innovate wide band O2 sensor with display. push button start from s2000.

VW radiator, copper under pipes, Stud hub conversion, rolled fenders for 8 inch wide rear wheels with 3.5 inch lip. New brakes, tires are prob flat spotted, but new. Speed bleeder valves, KYB struts and shocks. Hella lights.

$1300 for everything.

It's still registered as hot rod status in md, and tags are current..
ashackatak*gmail.com

Last edited:
If it was in California still...

I would be interested. You have done some things to it I have been really interested in doing myself...Oh well.

TY4QBtn.jpg

baDAid9.jpg

When it was being driven daily...

Is it still for sale?
How much rust besides the windshield frame is there?

Hey David, I live in Cheektowaga, Grab the x and get hold of me. I have alot of expirience with turbo fiat's and megasquirt fi. Ive been through it and can help.

parting out....????

if so i might be interested in the wheels and tires....what are the sizes?....i'm in jersey so pick up is possible....fred

79 exie

wow.too bad it's a 79.coming from cali yourself,this a pissy state when it comes to smog laws.do e mail pics to me,as i am very interested in your turbo setup for my 74 x.and do you i can find a pair of 235/55/13 tires as the new pair i bought years ago have fallen victim to the sun.perfect tread,but sidewalls are checked and i don't want to risk flairs with a blowwout mikemo90aol.com
thanks

Just the computer and harnesses?

Make me an offer, but I need the car gone more than I need the money. If I can't get rid of the body I won't make any deals.

Back