Free :: Single DCNF custom spacer

fiatmonkey

Tim Hoover
Hey folks,

Anyone interested in a single custom aluminum DCNF spacer? Project I never finished and its just a chunk of metal sitting in my garage. The barrel openings are stepped down so it would need machining to make the holes evenly cut.

If your interested let me know:

mani-fold_1.jpg

manifold_2.jpg

manifold_spacer_ported.jpg

EDIT: I *think* its 1/2 inch but I will measure it when I get a chance to confirm...
Just cover my shipping cost...If no takers, I will probably get back to it and make a second one for the dual DCNF's I run on the engine now...

Last edited:
Hay Tim

It looks like the DCNF spacer is 90 degrees out. On a DCNF the throttle shaft has to be parallel to the crankshaft or you will have uneven fuel distribution. If you cut the top off of the maniflod and weld on the spacer 90 degrees for where it sits in your picture you will have the right thing.

It could be a goodie
Charlie

It looks like the DCNF spacer is 90 degrees out. On a DCNF the throttle shaft has to be parallel to the crankshaft or you will have uneven fuel distribution. If you cut the top off of the maniflod and weld on the spacer 90 degrees for where it sits in your picture you will have the right thing.

It could be a goodie
Charlie

Its just the spacer ;) It will fit the bolt pattern for a dcnf manifold. As I mention prior the barrel holes need to be opened up a little since they step down some.

In case anyone wondered that manifold was eventually modified to allow a dcnf sit so the throttle linkage is in the proper geometry. I think the manifold is on a 128 somewhere in the sf Bay Area.

Last edited:
Why would a spacer that thick be needed. Does increase performance?

A thicker spacer is commonly used in large displacement race engines for cheap and quick HP. Not as applicable to our little engines, but it was part of some "testing" I was doing while at my brothers shop playing a VW engine he was tuning on his engine dyno. I think it was going into an early fomrumla ford eagle he was prepping for Historics at Laguna Seca. It was many years ago.

It showed some HP gains so I toyed around with spacers. The other added benefit would be slightly cooler carb since its *that much* farther from the manifold. A heat shield probably better for that of course...

Back