FS: Ignition switch

Matthew

True Classic
I bought this ignition switch new years ago to replace my original switch that had failed. This switch never worked right in my car. It doesn't have the key chime switch and for some reason the black wire isn't powered with the key on so I had to jumper the blue/white wire to it so that everything would work. Anyway, I bought a nice used correct ignition switch from Midwest so I don't need this one. I'm not sure what car it works correctly in but maybe someone here knows. It has approximately 3k miles on. If someone wants to give me $40+shipping for it it's theirs otherwise I'll probably just keep it for just in case. I can probably come up with some break-off bolts too.

IMAG0170.jpg

IMAG0171.jpg

Pretty much all import cars use the same size break-off bolts. I think I have some for a Toyota that will work. I'll check tomorrow.

Break-off bolts

I found some toyota break-off bolts they are 2-3mm shorter but should work fine. Also, the small set screw that holds the lock into the body is missing. I don't remember taking it out recently so I must have lost it a long time ago. I doubt I can find the right size screw. It will work without but it really should have it. If you have a bad switch you could steal it one from there.

IMAG0172.jpg

Bolts,

I just used regular bolts and washers to keep the head out of the sunken holes ,,,Mush easier next time around to take it off.

Actually a bolt like this works perfect if you don't want to use break-off bolts.

images

Last edited:
Back