FS: Race car take-offs

Jeff Stich

True Classic
I'm in the (long) process of converting a friends 1959 Abarth 750 Allemano Spider from a long-time VARA G-Production race car back to its original street car configuration. The parts being removed will not go back on the car, so I've been asked to find new homes for them. Most of these items are out of date in regards to most race-sanctioning body/club safety gear year-change requirements, so the parts would likely be better suited to a "hot street" or "canyon carver" type of hot rod Fiat.

Here's the car back in 1999 & how it still looks today (for now):

abarth99.jpg

So on to the parts...

Lightweight highback fiberglass race seat. Fair used condition overall with no damage, but the black cloth upholstery needs to be glued back down around the edges of the seat bucket & main seat cushion. The left upper shoulder "wing" has a small notch cut into the outer edge (for needed roll cage clearance). No under-seat frame/slider is included, as the seat was bolted directly to the floor (6 bolts). There are 5 cut-outs for proper safety belt routing (2 shoulder, 2 waist & 1 submarine). Foam padding is thin, you may wish to add or replace foam to suit your tastes/needs. There are no tags or other branding to be found on the seat, so I don't know the name of the manufacturer. Total weight of seat as pictured is just under 9 pounds.

$75/obo, must be picked up in person (sorry, no shipping) or I can possibly deliver within a 30-mile radius.

seat01.jpg seat02.jpg seat03.jpg seat04.jpg seat06.jpg seat07.jpg seat08.jpg seat09.jpg seat10.jpg

Last edited:
FireBottle halon fire suppression system. Complete rechargeable 5-pound system includes the following items as shown: red main tank/bottle with mounting plate/straps, bottle-top gauge unit, red release handle/cable assembly with mounting bracket & safety pin, alloy tubing with 4x 90° brass connector blocks, 1x "T" brass connector block & 2x 3-port emitter valves. The alloy tubing had to be cut in 1 location so I could remove it from the car (shown at far right of 3rd photo), but can be re-cut/re-flared for reuse.

In this car, this set-up had the main bottle assembly bolted to the passenger floorboard, with a short alloy feed tube run over to the center tunnel, then a brass "T" with an alloy tube run forward & up under the dashboard (ending with an emitter to spray into the cockpit) & a second alloy tube run back to the engine bay firewall (ending with an emitter to spray the engine bay). The red release handle was mounted on the passenger side of the center tunnel near the gearshift lever.

$30. Note that this tank is currently fully-charged (ie: ready to install as-is). Due to hazardous material shipping restrictions, this is only available for in-person pickup, or I can possibly deliver within a 30-mile radius.

fss01.jpg fss02.jpg fss03.jpg fss04.jpg fss05.jpg fss06.jpg fss07.jpg fss08.jpg fss09.jpg fss10.jpg

Last edited:
CROW ENTERPRIZES blue 5-point safety belt setup. Good used condition, has black cam-type center buckle control (twist to release). This setup used to be mounted in the Allemano 750 race car, but saw little use due to my friend racing his ESR car instead. It was replaced only because of VARA safety equipment age restrictions, at which time it was given to me. I was going to install it in my 850 Spider, but ended up trading the car off before that happened. A little dirty from sitting on a shelf in storage, but should clean up ok. I noticed that the far end of the lower submarine belt has some chafing across the underside, likely from getting pinched between the seat & floor? If the belt is tightened a little more, that part of the belt will end up on the other (non-tensioned) side of the adjustment buckle, & shouldn't be an issue (ie: it depends on if you want the buckle high or low on the belt).

$30 + USPS shipping from 92860, payment via Paypal preferred. This item can also be picked up in person, or I can possibly deliver within a 30-mile radius.

crow1.jpg crow2.jpg crow3.jpg crow4.jpg crow5.jpg

SIMPSON dark blue/gray 5-point safety belt setup. Good used condition, has metal lever-type center buckle control (flip up to release). The release lever also has a hole in the end of it so a pull-chord can be fitted, making it easier to pull & release. This setup used to be mounted in my friends E-Sports Racer car, but was replaced due to VARA safety equipment age restrictions, at which time it was given to me. A little dusty from sitting on a shelf in storage, but should clean up well.

$30 + USPS shipping from 92860, payment via Paypal preferred. This item can also be picked up in person, or I can possibly deliver within a 30-mile radius.

simpson1a.jpg simpson1b.jpg simpson1c.jpg simpson1d.jpg simpson1f.jpg

Last edited:
SIMPSON black (5-point) safety belt setup. Like-new condition in original box, has lever-type center buckle control (flip up to release). This was a 5-point belt setup, but the 2 shoulder belts have gone AWOL. Good to use as a heavy-duty 2-point lap belt (for early lap-belt-only-equipped cars).

$15 + USPS shipping from 92860, payment via Paypal preferred. This item can also be picked up in person, if desired.

simpson2a.jpg simpson2b.jpg simpson2c.jpg simpson2d.jpg

SOLD - SUPERIOR black (5-point) safety belt setup. Good used condition, has lever-type center buckle control (flip up to release). I have 2 available, each was a 5-point belt setup, but the 2 shoulder belts & submarine belt have gone AWOL. Good to use as a heavy-duty 2-point lap belt (for early lap-belt-only-equipped cars). One belt has a tan leather buckle apron, the other has a darker brown leather apron (state which one you prefer). SOLD

superior1.jpg superior2.jpg superior3.jpg

superior4.jpg superior6.jpg superior7.jpg

Last edited:
SIMPSON black (5-point) safety belt setup. Like-new condition in original box, has lever-type center buckle control (flip up to release). This was a 5-point belt setup, but the 2 shoulder belts have gone AWOL. Good to use as a heavy-duty 2-point lap belt (for early lap-belt-only-equipped cars).

$20 + USPS shipping from 92860, payment via Paypal preferred. This item can also be picked up in person, if desired.

View attachment 43934 View attachment 43935 View attachment 43936 View attachment 43937

SUPERIOR black (5-point) safety belt setup. Good used condition, has lever-type center buckle control (flip up to release). I have 2 available, each was a 5-point belt setup, but the 2 shoulder belts & submarine belt have gone AWOL. Good to use as a heavy-duty 2-point lap belt (for early lap-belt-only-equipped cars). One belt has a tan leather buckle apron, the other has a darker brown leather apron (state which one you prefer).

$20/each + USPS shipping from 92860, payment via Paypal preferred. This item can also be picked up in person, if desired.

View attachment 43938 View attachment 43939 View attachment 43940

View attachment 43941 View attachment 43942 View attachment 43943
Pm sent

I would like to buy the fire bottle, have you had an opportunity to see if you could ship it (non-air, hazard only)?

I would like to buy the fire bottle, have you had an opportunity to see if you could ship it (non-air, hazard only)?
I tried asking my local Postmaster on how to ship this, he simply referred me to the USPS website. After following link after link (after link) through a maze of various pages on shipping hazardous materials, & none of them telling me HOW to ship something like this, I simply gave up (this is exactly why I said I preferred not to ship this item in the first place).

If you have someone local to me who's knowledgeable about & willing to ship this to you on your behalf, they're welcome to come pick it up from me (or I can deliver it to them).

Back