Fuel Pump Pushrod

damons

Daily Driver
Hi, can someone tell me is there an easy way of adjusting the fuel pump pushrod clearance for a mechanical pump? I know the clearance should be 15- 15.5 mm however it's quite restrictive for space in that area to work in. It's quite difficult to measure the distance the pushrod extends out.

Fuel pump adjustment...

The fuel pump adjustment is made via the mounting spacer and various gasket thicknesses, and/or multiple gaskets. Hope this helps.

The gaskets are (were?) available in .3, .7 and 1.2mm thicknesses.

I am refitting as I found it on removal and with new gaskets sourced with new pump and spacer. Checked newly obtained pump-engine gasket with what was removed and it is the same thickness. Other gasket is for spacer to pump side. At this stage am not sure how to check rod throw measurement. Is it a static measurement or dependent on turning engine over for cam actuator position relative to rod movement ?

Mike Salvador

1982 X 1/9 with carburettor fuel pump spacer:rod.jpgFISPA fuel pump.jpgfuel pump gasket:s.jpg

Hi, can someone tell me is there an easy way of adjusting the fuel pump pushrod clearance for a mechanical pump? I know the clearance should be 15- 15.5 mm however it's quite restrictive for space in that area to work in. It's quite difficult to measure the distance the pushrod extends out.
Is yours making the ticking sound?

Thanks Ics19, Have that page above and staying as/removed items replaced as is. Cut a narrow strip of card and 15.5mm sticks out to end of rod. Rod fully pushed in to cam and narrow card pushed into small square indent window on insulator. Gasket on original and replacement matched thickness. ( Xtra thick at 1.2 mm. ) from Fiat Factory.

Mike Salvador

1982 X 1/9 with carburettor new FISPA pump in.jpg Shiny new FISPA fuel pump in

Back