fuel pump rubber mounting substitute?

kayaker37

True Classic
I picked up a Bosch 69133 fuel pump, and the one it is replacing is much fatter, and I assume there is supposed to be a rubber donut to mount the thing? The old pump was clamped in without any rubber surrounding it.

Is this a special order thing or is there something I can substitute?

The instructions also say to install a prescreen as one is not included, the old one did not seem to have it, is there a place to put one?

The 3/8 inch hose that came with Matt's SS kit to connect the tank to the pump, the 20 clamps that come with the kit are too small, so I used the clamp that originally secured that hose to the tank end, looks like I need another large clamp for there too. How come I have the weird problems?

There were some on Ebay the other day. They look like a rubber cylinder with threaded rod sticking out of either side. It insulates the pump from the vibration of the car and reduces the vibration from the pump top the body.

They are similar to these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Aero...Accessories&hash=item20b0c79c60#ht_3743wt_888

I think they were also used on BMWs, Volvos and other cars that used LJetronic injection pumps.

Found them:

http://motors.shop.ebay.com/i.html?...unt&_osacat=0&bkBtn=&_trksid=p4506.m270.l1313

had to make my own fuel pump clamp as PO just left it hanging. I used a clamp from an oil separater can. I used some self adhesive rubber pads there. I don't know how yours is set up but any decent hardware store will have rubber sheeting by the foot in various thickness. Buy a hunk for $1 and wrap it around the pump? Secure with zip ties if need be?

I would put a filter before the pump if you aren't cleaning the tank, get one with fittings close the hose size you are working with like this:
filter # SFI*23293
from NAPA

Yes, that's it the rubber that wraps around the filter not the standoff as in the pic . I'll stop by NAPA in the morning and see what they have as far as rubber and filter, thanks.

fiat-fuel-filter-bracket-fi.jpg

I don't think NAPA will have the generic rubber, mine didn't. Hardware store came through fine for rubber to put between my tank and the mounting straps (I think there's supposed to be some there, there wasn't on mine when I took it out but diagram in manual showed some I thought).

Back