fuel tank liner

Sloshing compound?

I've used a similar product obtained from an aviation supply house. It's referred to as "sloshing compound" because of how you apply it. It works well if the preparation is sufficient. It's basically a vinyl coating, initially designed for fiberglass tanks.

Be sure to read the MSDS at the link you provide, it's pretty toxic stuff and you must be smart in how you use it.

Summit Racing Equip, Eastwood Products, and POR-15 all make/market similar products.

I had mine done by a local radiator shop (old-school radiator shops always seem to do gastank repairs, too :)) that has been around for 35+ years and has a stellar reputation within the "community." Was much more expensive (4x) than the products themselves but I trusted them to do the job better than I could.

Be sure to read the MSDS at the link you provide, it's pretty toxic stuff and you must be smart in how you use it.[/quote]

i read all the instructions and know i could do it, i did the same to my pantera in the '90s but i just coated a new tank then

I had mine done by a local radiator shop (old-school radiator shops always seem to do gastank repairs, too :)) that has been around for 35+ years and has a stellar reputation within the "community." Was much more expensive (4x) than the products themselves but I trusted them to do the job better than I could.

Same with me. After chasing rust in the tank of my 124 Coupe for ever, when I got my Scorpion, the first thing I did was drop the tank and have it done professionally. Came with a lifetime warranty and a little brass serial number plate mounted to ID it. The owner says he makes over half his money from people who've used DIY tank kits that failed.

John O.

No shops around me would do it thus POR15. It is not a liner. If done right (proper prep and cure times) I consider it better than a new tank. IMHO.

FWIW, I had a friend who is VERY CAPABLE when it comes to working on his car, try to seal a tank on his 240z...

He gave up and replaced it with a racing fuel cell after scaring himself with clogged fuel filters choking the fuel pressure several times on his boosted Z.

i agree, why take it in if we can do it,

Why not let someone who does it every day do the job right instead of having the first tank you've ever done be the one you're going to rest the reliability your vintage car on? This is who I used: http://www.loopersc.com/ I've been dealing with Glenn for 20 years, and though he's a little expensive, it gets done right. Period. You can ship your tank to him to get the work done. He gets tanks shipped to him from all over the US and the world. Last time I was in, he was doing a tank for some middle eastern king's oddball vintage car.

John O.

Back