Getting older kinda sucks

...I got to spend the last 10 days in the hospital.Last Friday I got to have a triple bypass.
Glad you're still with us, and recuperating!

Now I am typing on the Xweb site from my hospital bed as I am looking for parts to buy for my cars.
I think Fiats Anonymous is another website (or maybe it should be added as a section to this one). ;)

Maybe in September I can start working on these killer machines again.
Still, the fact remains that the most common cause of death is birth. Some researchers claim that once you're born the threat of dying goes up to almost 100%!

"I got to spend the last 10 days in the hospital.Last Friday I got to have a triple bypass.
Now I am typing on the Xweb site from my hospital bed as I am looking for parts to buy for my cars."

Looking for parts for your Xs sounds like good therapy to me. If I were a doctor, I would prescribe it!

Wishing you well on your recovery!

quit-your-bitching-bmp0813dc-l.jpg

Okay I decided to win this getting old working on Fiats, June 10th did a simple tune up one X1/9 and tried figuring out lighting problems with the other X1/9. Ended up with a little chest pain while working on the cars. I got to spend the last 10 days in the hospital.Last Friday I got to have a triple bypass.
Now I am typing on the Xweb site from my hospital bed as I am looking for parts to buy for my cars. Fiat x1/9s are a disease might kill you. You should get rid of your cars and parts real cheap. Maybe in September I can start working on these killer machines again.

Take care Todd!

Hey Todd it's Phil who mailed out your tail light assembly Tuesday. Get back in the saddle again pronto!! Was in myself a few weeks ago for the third time. All the best...

Darn it I forgot what I originally came here to post or what this thread is about.......must be getting old.

Growing levels of anxiety are a natural occurrence of aging. It happens quite randomly, triggered by everyday actions. You even realize it's happening and there's no rational reason for it to be occurring. But the fear is quite overriding. I recently went into a really tight crawl space of a house, where the foundation supports create an almost labyrinth-like maze under the floor plan. Seriously, what are the odds of a major earthquake hitting precisely at that moment, the house collapsing on you, and you bring rendered 'lost' and unfindable within a 3000 square foot area? Yep, ridiculous, but the thought hit me. Damn termites are another issue....and man does the font size seem suddenly small on Xweb.

Hey Todd it's Phil who mailed out your tail light assembly Tuesday. Get back in the saddle again pronto!! Was in myself a few weeks ago for the third time. All the best...
Got the tail light I might try to install it today. Weighs less than 10 lbs.

Growing levels of anxiety are a natural occurrence of aging. It happens quite randomly, triggered by everyday actions. You even realize it's happening and there's no rational reason for it to be occurring. But the fear is quite overriding. I recently went into a really tight crawl space of a house, where the foundation supports create an almost labyrinth-like maze under the floor plan. Seriously, what are the odds of a major earthquake hitting precisely at that moment, the house collapsing on you, and you bring rendered 'lost' and unfindable within a 3000 square foot area? Yep, ridiculous, but the thought hit me. Damn termites are another issue....and man does the font size seem suddenly small on Xweb.

The 600 pound boilers on a Fletcher class destroyer had a series of one inch diameter tubes, About a hundred, 20 feet long running from the steam drum to the mud drum.
The 10 foot long steel steam drum had an oval opening, one way in and out, just big enough for a slender man to squeeze through and was just big enough to sit in cross legged.
The object was to sit and run an air tool with a spinning wire wheel down each tube stopping at a mark on the air hose indicating one foot from the end of the tube.
The remaining one foot was in the 10 foot long steel mud drum with an identical oval way in and out as the steam drum.
You had to squeeze into the small diameter mud drum feet first and laying on your back and run the air tool that remaining foot in each of the one inch tubes that was about 12 inches in front of your face.
THEN! you crawled out and went back into that metal tomb head first (my stomach is starting to flip) to finish the remaining tubes you couldn't reach feet first.
I did the mud drum which took a good two hours each time on two occasions during my hitch and it was very claustrophobic each time back then but as a young man, 19-20, I managed to shake it off but as years have passed (50 year ago) thinking about or telling the story as now, I get a bit anxious and do not like close spaces to this day.
Never would have made it in sub's.

Back