good ass oil?

fiatmonkey

Tim Hoover
Anyone have an assembly oil they reccommend? I use RedLine only cuz I get it for free but wondering what others use.

Thanks,
TIm

!

Preparation H is the best thing for one's ass.

However, I always use an assembly lube for new engines. It's in a big tube available at the parts store. The heavy body of the grease holds up for longer, which is good because sometimes it takes a few weeks to get the engine put back together.

Preparation H is the best thing for one's ass.

However, I always use an assembly lube for new engines. It's in a big tube available at the parts store. The heavy body of the grease holds up for longer, which is good because sometimes it takes a few weeks to get the engine put back together.

I won't change the subject cuz I think it will get more hits but lubricant is actually what I mean :)
816-80312.jpg

Assembly lube.......!

Anyone have an assembly oil they reccommend?

....I have always used Wynns oil additive as an assembly lube.
Just a light smear of Wynns to each mating surface gives a really good cushion of lubrication for inital start-up.
DON'T add the remainder of the container to the engine oil - save it for your next assembly job!

cheers, Ian - NZ

Oh dear

....I have always used Wynns oil additive as an assembly lube.
Just a light smear of Wynns to each mating surface gives a really good cushion of lubrication for inital start-up.

cheers, Ian - NZ
Yep Ian, I think I heard that same advice on a late nite infomercial.

I can see how this thread could easily spiral out of control... at least I hope it does. :)

offrampze5.gif

Heh, heh, heh...............!!

.....Yep Ian, I think I heard that same advice on a late nite infomercial......

..........caught me out on that that one, Jimmy-lad!!
That thought never crossed my mind, mate. :innocent:

Jeez, old age must be makin' me think slower than I thought!! :sleep:

cheers, Ian - NZ

Back