got a citation today in the x

wannabfast

Thai with a 78 in MN
i was excited to get my x back on the road today so i took it for a joy ride, and through this windy road that ends in an intersection with a light, just my luck the light was green, and i wanted to do a right turn, so i just punched it, it stepped out a little bit, apparently i displayed this aggressive driving in front of a police officer

i guess my 60hp+ x with an open diff

Nice Thai

Hope it doesn't cost you too much. Youthful exuberance... old old timer treachery.. will get you in trouble with Johnny Law every time.

Well, maybe not every time. Once I pulled a full blown Starsky and Hutch power slide through an intersection in my 69 Mustang. It was about 2AM and I had been drinkin' maybe a bit. Half way through I notice a cop sitting at the opposite light. Ooops... so I pulled into the parking lot I was heading for and waited. He drove on by and just started at me. Guess he was on his way home for the night. Lucky me.!!! :)

Of course things were a little different 30 years ago as well.

Yeah... I did that with White Fang once...

He was running so sweet and it was his first day on the road in a long time... I think he wrote me for 60 in a 45... 'twas a beautiful spring day like today also...

Similar experience back in 1980. 2 am, 3 cars giong home from cruising Hollywood. Exit Pasadena fwy at ave 52 and just sit at this light for ever, no cars coming eitherway, I was the front car{71 124 spider , 2 liter carbs * headers}.Just to my left, no more then 15 feet away sat a cop in his cruiser, never saw him.I smoke the tires, turn right pull a quick u turn smoke the tires again in 2nd, turn right again, smoke the tires and start going thru the gears.That cop was all over me and my friends just laughed as they drove by.The cop then began to tell me he knew what it was like to be a young man trying to impress a young girl, I began to laugh. But officer this is my sister. His response, Yeah what ever, and Hey dont I know you? No , I responded, I was just staring at him trying to place him for my own advantage. Then I remembered he was at my house yesterday because my brothers 64 bug got stolen. We laughed and he just said be careful and have a good nite. Lucked out again.

Thai!!!!

Just remember you only get so many tickets before they won't let you drive..... I think everyone here could have gotten one or a few dozen of those....:D

Back