Ha Ha Mythbusters!

autox19

True Classic
So I seem to go onto a rant every time the X1/9 getting crushed by the semis is talked about. Basically, I didn't agree that it was a good car to use because of its wedge shape plus being mid engine. although people argue, After the test, I really didn't see where the driver would 100% be DOA. Most likely, yes, but not absolute. Well MYthbusters did it again, this time using a more appropriate test car. A regular FWD sub compact. POOF! the cars was destroyed. I am trying to get screen shots of the 2 and people can clearly see that the X is safer. Before you start off by telling me when they did the X it wasn't totally straight, Who cares. Even the side that did take the Brunt of the hit wasn't even close to the demolition that the boxy compact took.
then in pure MB form they used rockets to obliterate a compact in a 650+ MPH hit. (youtube search for it)

Anyway, I think the X was one of the safest cars out there, and to me, this proves its strength.

Odie

Yup, saw that....

The rocket sled crash into the subcompact was most impressive. And over in about 1 1/2 seconds from light off to crash. The Mythbusters used a bunch of old JATO bottles to power the sled in two stages. And, to add insult to injury, the primary stage of the sled came piling in about a second or so after the initial crash.

They did find some pieces of the car, though. :p

Ciao,

Back