Had an idea for a while now

Eastep

True Classic
For some time now Ive been thinking about bumper options for our cars. I like corner bumpers to an extent, but the fact that they are so close to the body kinda turns me away. I actually like big bumpers & ladders as they help the profile of the car IMO. I hate the weight and overall awkwardness of both bigs and ladders though. Ive been thinking of ways to have wrap around bumpers and the profile of big bumpers. What Ive come up with is possibly using corners from early 124 spider and modifying/cutting and re-welding them as needed.
Is this possible? Ive never had 124 bumpers near an X before so I'm unsure of the size. I was also thinking of custom fabing my own design if 124s wont work. Ideas? suggestions?

Just my opinion, they would loook way out of place on an x. There are some very nice bumper mod ideas that have already been used and look great.

Just my opinion, they would loook way out of place on an x. There are some very nice bumper mod ideas that have already been used and look great.

probably so. like I said Ive not had my x near a early 124 before, so Im going off memory (which isnt very good) What are some ideas/mods for them ? I like the modded 74 bumper block only look. I'm not really a fan of the single 'blade' mod for ladders though. Im working on my own design that when finished will look great

My plan

is a flat aluminum nerf bar about 4 inches wide and maybe 1/2 inch thick with a curve at the bottom to follow the body line. Welded to a round tube that will attach to the original bumper shocks. Or maybe even bolted back to the shocks. Perhaps a horizontal between them, perhaps not. Might put some reflective tape on them.

I bought 4 four-inch round LED stop/turn/tail lights and am going to go for that "Ferrari" look.

I think I'll mock up the nerf bars in cardboard & PVC and take them to K&S steel to have them made.

BTW, if you google "nerf" you can find this site: http://www.manapotions.com/Chaingun.html
Something to do when the Fiat is finished! :eek:mg:

Back