Haggerty price hikes - 35%! Anyone else, or just us…

Wow, just received the annual insurance hike: 35% higher for the car (no change in value), and a 56% hike for the ‘Driver’s Club’, from $45 to $70! That’s one pricey magazine.
Everyone seeing these hikes, or just us poor Ca. residents.
Bollocks.
Time to shop around - I’ll start searching here. Please post your insurer if you like.
Maybe you've somehow changed tiers? I didn't know there were different tiers to the driver's club until I searched on line and found this. I think it's fairly current but YMMV

I didn't know there were different tiers to the driver's club

I have 3rd gear and I like it. I haven' used it yet, but it's like my spare tire - I have it, but haven't used it yet. But I still want it! :)

I went on a long road trip with my other classic (1000 mile round trip in a 47 year old car!). I called Hagerty and asked them some details on what can happen if my car died along the way. Their "carcierge" service is pretty cool and they answered all my questions.

One thing that I didn't see mentioned on that website is that Hagerty guarantees a flatbed - while others don't. I had CAA (Canadian version of AAA), and they insisted the X1/9 does not require a flatbed and charged me extra for that request.

Maybe you've somehow changed tiers? I didn't know there were different tiers to the driver's club until I searched on line and found this. I think it's fairly current but YMMV
I called them yesterday and was told because of increased towing claims across the country, everyone will see their fee rise from $45 to $70 upon their next renewal. Please let us know what happens when your policy renews :) In the meantime, I'll call them back and inquire about these 'tiers' - maybe it's just an automatic cash-grab.

I like the idea of Hagerty, but I have the fun cars insured thorugh Chubb. I didn't realize they have a $$ valuation minimum, but my wife's C4 ZR1 has an agreed value of $20K, so my junk Alfas must bump it up enough to be covered. They have been good to work with and accept the additions of my $5k valuation Alfas as they come (read free or $2600 cars). Only claim I have had was glass damage (chip repair) but that was very smooth.

My policy is different then this, the towing is now a total of 100 miles per year, accumulative. I just started the policy this year so will have to wait til next year to see. Of course in Chicago no fires, no flooding, no hurricanes. Sure its a little nippy in the winter.....

My policy is different then this, the towing is now a total of 100 miles per year, accumulative. I just started the policy this year so will have to wait til next year to see. Of course in Chicago no fires, no flooding, no hurricanes. Sure its a little nippy in the winter.....
If this ever had happened in Ca., the mid-west insurance companies would have us paying for it STILL! lol

As far as hurricanes….you got one now :)

My renewal with Hagerty comes up in January. I have both my '79 X1/9 and my '18 124 Spider insured by Hagerty. What I'm paying is still *well* below what I'd pay with a regular insurance company. I pay $950/year for my 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee.

A good question to ask is how much are you paying now and how much is it going to? My coverages are still with $0 deductible for collision and comp.

My renewal with Hagerty comes up in January. I have both my '79 X1/9 and my '18 124 Spider insured by Hagerty. What I'm paying is still *well* below what I'd pay with a regular insurance company. I pay $950/year for my 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee.

A good question to ask is how much are you paying now and how much is it going to? My coverages are still with $0 deductible for collision and comp.
My costs for the car itself are going up 35%. The Club costs, 59%. The club I can do without. Hagerty was the best deal of the bunch. Now, they are priced the same as Grundy and a little less than Assurant, the two classic insurers I checked.

Back