Haltech F10 Tuning

jerrod.ian

My X1/9 came running with a Haltech F10 which was last tuned probably 10+ years ago. It was running way too rich with injections at about 4-5ms at idle. I got a hold of a very old laptop and was able to get it connected and working. However, when I was turning down the fuel injection times, my idle turned really rough when I got it down to about 2.5ms and would not be able to go above 2000rpm. I turned the car off and it wouldn't turn over again. I will make the fuel maps rich again if I need to, but I've tried about everything I could think of to get some decent AFR levels, including converting a base map from a newer Haltech and putting it onto mine.

Does anyone have any experience with this and would be able to give some guidance about it? I'm really not interested in spending $1000 on one of the new Haltechs. I've read the manual and it wasn't able to help me very much.

Also, I've tried to put the original Jetronic ECU in but the engine will not fire at all, even with the distributor at any given position.

My X1/9 came running with a Haltech F10 which was last tuned probably 10+ years ago. It was running way too rich with injections at about 4-5ms at idle. I got a hold of a very old laptop and was able to get it connected and working. However, when I was turning down the fuel injection times, my idle turned really rough when I got it down to about 2.5ms and would not be able to go above 2000rpm. I turned the car off and it wouldn't turn over again. I will make the fuel maps rich again if I need to, but I've tried about everything I could think of to get some decent AFR levels, including converting a base map from a newer Haltech and putting it onto mine.

Does anyone have any experience with this and would be able to give some guidance about it? I'm really not interested in spending $1000 on one of the new Haltechs. I've read the manual and it wasn't able to help me very much.

Also, I've tried to put the original Jetronic ECU in but the engine will not fire at all, even with the distributor at any given position.
Did you backup the setup before doing any changes?
can you backup what you have and dm me a copy and I will compare it to my E6x to see if anything stands out

Did you backup the setup before doing any changes?
can you backup what you have and dm me a copy and I will compare it to my E6x to see if anything stands out
I didn’t back up my first one but I just made a new rich map and I will test it out tomorrow and dm it to you if it works.

Back