Happy times today

High idle...

Make sure the vacuum hose from the distributor advance is connected to the ported vacuum nipple on the bottom of the throttle body, not the intake plenum. In your video it appears to be connected to the intake plenum which will advance the timing and speed up the engine.

If all else is good you can adjust the idle on the top of the throttle body; the 17mm locknut holds the slotted idle air adjustment screw tight. Turning the slotted screw in (right) reduces air bypass around the throttle and lowers the idle speed, out (left) increases air bypass around the throttle and raises the idle.

Congrats!

Bottom of throttle body

Ok, I will try that. This is how it was when I first got the car. The PO must have been having trouble with it because the aux air regulator was not bolted down either.

OK

Got it moved. I think the idle screw was just out to far too. After moving the vacuum advance I could almost stall it by seating the idle screw. Got a good idle now.

Here is a better representation of what I’m working with. The clicking at idle are the injectors and not the valves. It does have a slight tappet noise but nothing bad enough to disturb the valves.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQ5YC6MqWyI"]YouTube - MOV02812[/ame]

Back